1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a bike in Scottsdale

Discussion in 'General' started by pjdoran, Dec 23, 2012.

1. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Am in Scottsdale visiting the GFs family for the first time. Anyone know where I might rent a bike for a day or two? Make/model not too important, a larger scooter would be fine too.

Anything I shouldn't miss in the area?

Happy holidays

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Chester's HD in Mesa used to rent Fat Boys back in the day (when they were Chosa's). Might still do - give 'em a ring?

How long a ride are you looking for, and where are you starting (Scottsdale's actually not a small city...)?

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Google brings up around 10 places just in Scottsdale that rent bikes. Lenny Albin's Superbike Chassis is just up the road. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  4. pjdoran

15 minutes N of the airport. Just wanting to ride around a bit.

Sweet! Will give them a ring. Merry Christmas you crusty old tracker!

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Back at ya brother!:up:

6. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Any trip in the high desert is likely to be sub-zero in the shadier valleys this time of year, daytime highs about 45'F.

Lenny's up in Black Canyon City, and while it's always worthwhile visiting, that trip's straight up I-17 (and will be cold at the end), probably better done in a car. I don't recommend going for a long ride in the high desert (above 5000 feet, which is just north of Lenny's place) this time of year, as it's subzero in the shadier valleys, highs of about 42'F or so in Prescott, Pine, Show Low, etc.

A better ride might be Shea Road to the Beeline (87) to Bush Highway, and down Usury Pass to Ellsworth Road (then take McKellips to the 202 back to Scottsdale). Warmer (high around 72'F), great scenery around the Superstition bend/Saguaro Lake, etc.

Google Map link:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...XdX-Sk9q4k296IrhzHF25DOeXVqIQ&t=h&mra=ls&z=12

7. AZFZDude

AZFZDude grid filler

These guys rent sportbikes and they are on the north side of town - pretty close to Scottsdale. The ride to Bartlett Lake is good, so is South Mtn, and Tortilla Flat. All close to metro Phx.

http://azsportbikerentals.com

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Isn't Ray Hymer in that area?

:D

9. pjdoran

I'll be sure to keep the location of any rented machinery confidential:D