1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA FOOSBALL

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Sep 23, 2023.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

2. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

53 years of ACC and SEC dominance in the National championships says they are far better.
    OSU, ND, XGN, NEB had a few in there too. But two conferences have 80% of recent championships.
    I started watching in 1980 and there is no evidence those other cupcake conferences are worthy.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

FSU did everything they could, but no objective observer saw a national championship caliber team squeak by Louisville last night. Georgia is going to make them look like a reasonably good high school team.

rd400racer likes this.
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It's time to take down that autographed Coach O picture in your living room.

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Nah, he was too busy with the blondes to autograph anything.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Devil's advocate would point out the QB3 issue.

But, yes indeed, whether QB 1, 2, or 3.

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

It's a shame for FSU fans, but they weren't a playoff caliber team even with their number 1 QB healthy. They didn't squeak by a game or two, they squeaked by damn near all of them. Yes, they won all their games and the conference title, but I doubt they could beat any of the top ten with their current roster. We'll find out if they play GA in the Orange Bowl, but I'd guess GA will win by dbl digits. I think the committee got it right. Bama vs. TX rematch coming in the natty.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't care one bit about college football but I'm curious: a numbers are sitting on that figure-skating selection committee? And who selects them?

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Really? Ohio state won a natty with, checks my notes, a QB3 with no starts in the regular season…as well as Clemson and Alabama…total BS to base this decision on qb injuries when recent past seasons had the same problems but teams won the natty despite this injury.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Checks my notes... Please read the post I quoted. We were discussing the unimpressive performance in the Louisville game, not the top 4 decision. Florida State isn't an OSU, Alabama, or even a Clemson at their apex.

11. Spang308

Which Natty did Clemson win with a backup QB?

12. fastedyamaha

2018 Trevor started the first 4 games of the year on the bench. I mean I guess that could be considered splitting hairs, but they won the natty without the original starter, just like osu, bama, and Georgia all have done recently

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Who won with their 3rd string QB?

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

No need to debate. The committee always tries to get Alabama in because their fans travel and they draw ratings.

stk0308 likes this.
  15. Spang308

He won the starting job because Kelly Bryant sucked. In no way was he their backup QB by the time he kicked Saban's dick into his throat.

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Wahhh whaa wahww im a butthurt southern college football fan wahhh wahh

17. fastedyamaha

Osu with Cordell Jones

thrak410 and t11ravis like this.
  18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I'm quite sure they'd be in if Travis was still healthy.

Sabre699 and noles19 like this.
  19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

We ain't come to play school!

20. Spang308

Likely, but they were hardly beating up on inferior teams even with him. Clemson sucks this year and if the graduate student they lured back on campus to be their kicker didn't miss a 29 FG as time expired, FSU's season would've been derailed right there. Clemson led pretty much that whole game.
    I'm good with the 4 that got in.