1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National anthem on the radio every day at noon

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Aug 2, 2019.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

How is it any different than when it's playing at the track. People turn all different ways. Just saying. Lots of speakers/pa system at the track. And usually at least one flag somewhere.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

To be honest, when I am focused on the task at hand, whatever music is on is simply background noise. Odds are most days I would be more likely to wear earplugs to avoid the country music and wouldn't hear the anthem.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

On a couple mile road course they might not be sure where the flag is.

joec likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Either, you face the colors you see or the direction from which you hear the sound.

Quicktoy, XFBO and joec like this.
  5. joec

joec brace yourself

I feel like I should stop what I'm doing to be attentive.. Because I was taught that when the national anthem plays you're supposed to stand blah blah blah.

I feel like you listen to a station that plays it every single day, you should maybe do the same. I just don't know. I think it's the only country station in town. So I feel like if you want to listen to that kind of music on the radio, they're sort of forcing the issue.

I also feel weirded out by it playing at the same time everyday. Call to prayer is not my thing. So to speak.

I was told today they play it at noon at the mission in Canton here. @speedluvn

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:
    I was stopped at the MB in Columbia.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sounds like you are mind fucking it instead of just getting on with work:D

joec likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do indeed love this country but if I have shit to get done I'm not stopping for the anthem. If I can I will. I hear it twice a weekend during one of the busier parts of my day getting things rolling. No way I'd stop every day at lunch for it being on the radio.

JBall and joec like this.
  9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I always knew you were a terrorist sympathizer.

:Poke: :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

The man takes his lunches seriously.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. joec

joec brace yourself

I know..I should be over at the mission at that time of day to beat the union guys. Lol

britx303 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lunch at the track? Never heard of it. There is the Clif bar if I remember one after the first batch of forms are input, sometimes a cold burrito of we're out west and the girls make me stop at Jack in the Box on the way to the track. Lunch doesn't exist, although once we are racing I may have jerky and cheez its if I was smart enough to bring some. Luckily I got on the road early today and stocked up on the way to Grattan :D

joec likes this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I don’t think there are any union shops left in Baltimore. There was only one left last year and it was closing up the last I heard before leaving union misrepresentation:D

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Typical for military brats and their parents told them what to do at one point or another. Outside, stop, covers off, face music/flag. The hand over heart is new to me.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol this reminds me of all the service personnel hauling the mail to get off base before they played Retreat and the Anthem at 5 p.m. Cut it too close, and it's pull over, out of the vehicle, salute. :flag:

16. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

My opinion is probably a bit over the top, but by spending many days waking up under someone else’s flag, I take the flag and our anthem pretty serious. Pisses me off big time at a sporting event when folks can’t shut up for 2 minutes to observe others sacrifice, however, it would be unrealistic to stop what you’re doing daily at noon to observe the anthem in this situation. The fact that in your heart and mind you know what to do is great.

Love that radio station too! The anthem should be number one on the top 40 daily!

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You know, perhaps they should play it 5 times a day.

Maybe even build these tallish towering structure to blare it out from....

joec likes this.
  18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

The Army Brat learned simply from observation. I wasn't told to do it - my dad just set the standard of always doing the right thing and I tried to emulate him.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

joec likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fine. Stand up bitches. All y'all.

Phl218 likes this.