1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASHville rashville

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Lever, May 3, 2004.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SMILE!

Well...the rolling VP bomb made it home...it is truly a miracle of God that the jeep didn't break down or the trailer didn't fly off a cliff with an indian jones type explosion to follow...anyways...trip out to nashville took a little longer than i expected and trevor (a strange hitchhiker who was pushing his racebike towards nashville) and I arrived at around 5 am saturday night...YES! Enough time to get an hour and half of sleep! Which amounted to about 5 minutes of sleep sitting up right in the jeep...great for towing...not for sleeping...it was raining pretty hard...and the gates didn't let us in until 7:30 for whatever reason and we hurried to get t unloaded so i could get off to clarksville to pick up the beautiful bike on the left you see in the above picture...well...i get back and head out to cornerwork...trev got about 1.5 laps of practice, and headed out to his first race which was b superstock i think...technical issues cause a 12th place finish as his powercommander took a nose dive (i had nothing to do with it so no jokes)...in his second race he did much better after resolving the technical issues...placing 2nd in the b superbike national on sunday...i was cornerworking and had a great view of a few highlights from the day...matt lynn making the pass under trey heading into the final straight just under him and breaking the lap record...there was another great battle going on in the d superbike expert (race 15) that saw a nasty highside...mark highsided just coming out of five with some pretty good speed...and it looked really bad coming up to him because he didn't move for about the first 30 seconds...but about 10 minutes later he was up and walking around...looked to be fine (glad you're ok mark!)...there was also another 600 that look like an r6 that had an incredible and i mean incredible save just past five running around the loop...my heart skipped a beat watchin that one! All in all...aside from the dang 16 hours and poor sleep conditions i had an incredible time and can't wait for VIR!:D

Last edited: May 3, 2004
  2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Green, were you at turn 5? I didn't see much of turn 5, I mostly hung out in the turn 2 - 4a area.

3. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Sure wuz:D

4. Fuzzy317

Which days were you at 5? I was running crash truck Thurs - Sun.

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Scott - rubber boots crash truck man? I might have asked for a ride out to 5 at about 12 sunday...but bargy was nice enough to give me a ride out there...he had a blast doing endos and stuff being as it was my first time ever riding beeotch:D

6. Fuzzy317

That was me, rubber boots and all. A few years ago my feet got wet, stayed wet for seemed like days, so now whenever its wet I wear those boots.

7. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

pleased to meet you now fuzzball:D

8. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

12th place with a crapped out power commander and a bike that died at 6000rpm? Damn I need to keep practicing. 12th place would be a good finish for me!

Trevor, what's wrong with your bike man? It's fully faired! I can't believe they let you run the street fighter Nats with a bike with full fairings.

I'll shut up now.

The VP bomb rocks. That F3 is gorgeous and holy crap is that a Penske on the back of T-Rev's rig? Hate that I missed it but you guys can keep the 5min of sleep stuff. Thank goodness for Hydroxycut & Mt. Dew.

Somebody buy my car.