1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR Modified Racing

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott Harwell, May 30, 2002.

1. Scott Harwell

Scott Harwell Well-Known Member

Must be nice for those who get a weekend off. I'll be at Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem being "PIT BITCH" for my wife Susan. She will be racing a NASCAR Modified (Open wheel car with 600+ horsepower and weighing only 2650 lbs). I would like to invite all of you out this weekend to support her. We can have a WERA cheering section. Let me know if you would like to come.

For more information: www.bowmangrayracing.com

Scott

2. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Good Luck to Mrs. Harwell.

It's nice to see a RRacer actually particiapating with the oval guys and gals and not raggin on them.

3. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

where do ya get one of them buggies at, anyhow ?? :)

scott, was it you practicing/qualifying on a TLR at AMA Road Atl, or
    was i just hallucinating....... :confused:

i know sumbuddy was on a purple TLR and turning pretty nice laps!

4. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

Would that be the chick that was kicking yall's butts at go-karts that day I met you?

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

Hey Scott, does Bowman-Grey still have the famous brawls during the races? I haven't been to one in about 15 years but back then it looked like 500 people showed up for a fight and a race broke out. I may stop by if there'll be some friendlies in the crowd. What's her car number?

6. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Open wheel?? Cool! Where can I find some pictures of what these cars look like?

Good luck to the Harwell clan this weekend!!!

7. Blonde Ambition Racer

Blonde Ambition Racer Well-Known Member

Modifieds are only semi-open wheel. The front wheels are "open", the rear wheels are tucked in under the fenders.
    I think there is an organization IMCA for modifieds. Maybe do a web search for IMCA modifieds.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2002
  8. RB

RB Well-Known Member

Imca mods don't have 600 hp. They do have an engine claim rule. Last I remember it was less than $400.00 !!!

Car racing just takes too much energy, BUT the most fun I have ever had on wheels was driving a dirt midget.

Ray

9. Blonde Ambition Racer

Blonde Ambition Racer Well-Known Member

Midgets kick ass! (The open wheel race car variety, not the small human variety);)

10. Susan Harwell

Susan Harwell New Member

I want to thank everyone that came out to see me race this weekend at Bowman Gray Stadium. It was a very exciting night! I accomplished all of the goals that I set for myself (this was my second race of my career) - I qualified and finished in both of my races (without crashing... only a minor spin out). I finished 21st in the first race and 13th in the second.

There was a terrible accident that resulted in the death of a fellow driver. Bubba Beck, whom was directly in front of me in the second race lost control and wrecked in turns 3 and 4. They are not sure if he had a heart attack or if he died from the impact of the crash. It was a terrible experience for me. Please keep his family in your prayers.

I have attached a picture from Saturday night. I plan to race again June 29 (Scott's next weekend off - I can't race without my "wa wa water boy"). Thanks again...

11. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Susan, I'm glad to hear that your race weekend was successful! That is so cool that you're out there racing- I sometimes think you short track folks are crazier than us motorcycle folks. :D Keep us posted on your race dates. It wouldn't be too far of a drive for T-o-m and I to come up and see you and I know we'd enjoy it.

Sorry to hear about your fellow driver. We'll keep his family in our prayers.