1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Nov 26, 2011.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

His Bamaness gave a directive that NASA needed to focus on outreach to Muslims and other such idiotic policy goals.

As for NASA wasting huge amounts of money on politically driven projects given to it by Congress Critters, what else is new?

2. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I didn't know the first part...and as far as giving them money...fuckit , I say we give them whatever they want as long as they do cool shit. They could double taxes to pay for it for all I care. I want a hot rod space ship that I can blast around the moon in. And I want phasers and photon torpedoes and shit. I want a ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Are you/were you at some point actually serious about shooting our nuclear waste out into space? :wow:

4. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I don't know dude. That's a lot of money that could have fed the poor or paid for healthcare.

:D

(I love that stuff, too, though)

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So all the program's money went up in the rocket? None of it was spent on earth on salaries or materials or nothin'? :wow:

Yes, I know you were kidding but I'm amused by the concept of "that could have been put to a better use than wasting it on the ___________ program.

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Or they could have added a couple of hippies as payload and encouraged others to form a drum circle around the liftoff pad :Pop:

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Where's Kurt with some vids of his rockets?

8. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Careful man, you're dangerously close to trickle down theory there. That could end up costing you your donkey card.

<EDIT>

:)

</EDIT>

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hippies are a waste of precious payload. Rhesus monkeys are lighter, smell better, and are more trainable. Plus, when you dissect a monkey brain and stick electrodes in the gray matter you have more to work with than if you did the same to a hippy.

I suggest that the US Government offer up the blast radius of the rocket launch pads to the Occupy This Space types. They could do like LA Mayor Villaraigosa and give it to them for $1 for 10 years. Hopefully Mayor Villaraigosa, the leadership of LAPD, and the LA City Council could also be encouraged to join Occupy Launch Pads. Just tell them it'll show solidarity with the Occupiers.

Besides the silliness of that idea, it'd be criminal to just discard of our nuclear "waste". There is still a huge amount of energy that can be recycled from power plant waste, it's just cheaper to mine new uranium. Plus, the US Government doesn't like reprocessing plants.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

NASA is a waste of money. Why do we need to go to Mars?

11. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Cuz someday, when this planet is completely destroyed, they want to be able to move civilization there. They are going to bring plants and water and atmosphere and make a new green planet where we all can sing kumbaya and live forever...

There is no way we can drag Europa closer to the sun to unfreeze it without the enviro-freaks going completely nuts about boiling all the fuzzy-microbes that haven't had the chance to evolve into smooth-microbes yet because they still need their winter coats under all that ice.

12. H8R

Eventually we will find the green women that Capt. Kirk got to bang, and who among us can deny the desire to 2Xidb a green chick?

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Don't have a 'donkey card'.

<edit>

:moon:

</edit>

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Well there are those things. What was I thinking? :D

15. H8R

And she's a red head. That should have a couple guys here Fapping at WARP 9.

[​IMG]

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Because Venus is to hot :Poke:

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd say "waste," but it's certainly outlived its intended use.

I love them both, but I'd like to hear someone try to rationalize the Blue Angels AND the Thunderbirds. If people don't know you can fly jets in the Air Force, I don't think we want them enlisting...

18. earacing

earacing Race Dad

So you won't have to catch a ride from the Chinese.