1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first ride with Stickboy !!

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Shannon Huffman, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

I guess it's nothing to brag about but I took my first ride with Stickboy at CMP on Sunday. Actually, my bike got to ride with him twice. The first time I highsided in 14 in practice. A little too aggressive on damp pavement with DOT's ....The bike goes to the pits with Stick .... I go to the pits with the EMT's. I finally got the bike back together, bought a new set of Kobe's and decided I was ready (and able) to give it another try in race 11. I got about 2 laps made and I got black-flagged (actually, red-and-yellow-stripped-flagged [​IMG] )for a smoking bike. I pulled off the track and looked down to see FLAMES in my bellypan !! Oil was running down into my bellypan .... hot pipes... you know the rest of the story. If you were in race 11, yeah, that was me in turn 11 billowing smoke. After my ride with Stick I found I had cracked an engine case cover earlier in my high-side during practice. Not a very good weekend to say the least. This is the beginning of my 3rd race season and that's the first time I've crashed on the track, so I guess I was overdue. I want to thank all of the guys who stopped by my pit to see if I was alright and to offer help. Hopefully I'll be back at 100% by Talladega and can give it another try.

2. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Oh so that was you sending the smoke signals from turn 11 huh? I was trying to see who that was, but couldn't really get a good view from where I was. I was calling the races from Turn 1 flag station. I think I might have found out from the CW's, cause it seems like I remember saying your name when that happened. Good luck, hope you get all that fixed before TGPR.

3. novice#374

novice#374 Well-Known Member

Always Gald to help Huff Man [​IMG]
    Look for me at Savannah if i don't make talladega.Money's tight right now with the new baby and all.We can tag team then later dude