1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dog bit a kid yesterday...

Discussion in 'General' started by Hooligan, May 3, 2005.

1. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

Damn kid kept teasing my dog, then sticks his hand in front of the dogs face. :rolleyes: I got the dog fenced in, I got the beware of dog signs all over the place, now I think his parents are gona sue...:mad: :Puke:

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Then how did the dog bite the kid if he was fenced in? Did the kid reach inside the fence? Any witnesses???

3. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Let em.

Make sure you write down exactly what happened now while it's still fresh. And get any witnesses to do the same.

I think the judicial system is slowly starting to climb out of it's sue happy world to a more realistic view of the world. If its as you say I have faith that someone will look at the parents and say "you're suing someone because you can't keep tabs on your idiot child?"

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

Yeah, he reached in the fence. My daughter was standing there and seen the whole thing. I called the cops and they made a report and said not to worry. But this kids mom came up to my house and we talked for a few. The one comment she made that worrys me is she said "He walked up to pet the dog after your daughter said it was OK" My daughter said she didn't say anything like that. She said she asked him if he was afraid of the dog, at which point he said no and stuck his hand up to the dogs nose. The dog did draw blood. The way the mom talked was a little strange I thought. I didn't say much, it's hard to stick your foot in your mouth if you keep it shut.

5. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

good luck

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Don't apologize directly, but show your concern about the boys well being by asking daily about him.

it is often the uncaring pricks who get sued, not the compassionate owners of mad dogs!:D i've worked on many of these cases for both sides.

We might want to notify your insurance company.

PM me with your phone ##.

Don't post here about it anymore.

I'm just being overly cautious.

I'll be in the office late this afternoon and can call you tonight or tomorrow.

Gotta run!

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Ambulance must be coming by. ;)

8. chalktome

chalktome Well-Known Member

was the child prepubescent? i don't care what the circumstances are. a dog that bites young children isn't domesticated. allowing a child near an undomesticated animal on your property means you're liable.
    you need two fences one to keep the dog away from people and another to keep people away from the dog.
    just call it a little preventive maintenance.
    the only way you'll escape liability is if you made a verbal declaration to the parent about the dog hazard prior to the incident.
    just common sense really.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit.

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

:stupid:

Shall I put a fence around my stove so none of the neighborhood kids come in uninvited and burn themselves?

11. dave333

dave333 traveler

Horse hockey!

12. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Thank you.....

13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i agree

on edit - i have a little dachsund about as domesticated as a dog can be. and if you screw around with him enough he will bite you too, hell i am sure he's eve bite me. what about you - are you domesticated? if you say yes than i suppose you wouldnt fight back if you felt threatened? and if you say no - i suppose we should put 2 fences around you.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  14. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

No, it just means the parents didn't teach their kid enough common sense, nothing more.

I really despise people who look for any way to turn an unfortunate (but blameless) incident into a lottery ticket. :mad:

15. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

I was going to respond back with the same as the last few responses. But I think Mongo said it best, "BULLSHIT!!"

16. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Here's what someone should do with you at the track: keep harassing you and waving their hand in your face.. All in the confines of your very own pit.
    When you lash out at them we'll declare you undomesticated, have you put to sleep and then sue your estate for damages.

17. Nine29

Nine29 Well-Known Member

Beware of Dog signs can work against you in a court of law. They are an admission to your knowledge that the dog could potentially be dangerous. Knowing that would then require you to install adequate fencing to prevent the chance of the animal being able to come in contact with a human. Don't ask me how I know...I do know that it sucks.

18. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

You should check state laws first...

To make it legal, you might need to put some "Beware of Asshole" signs on his canopy. :D

19. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

20. chalktome

chalktome Well-Known Member

strike a chord?

try it. i won't lash out. i'll harass them back, then when they lash out i'll clean my pit floor with their face.;)