1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My condolences, your son was an idiot.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Careful there, dude. He might confuse your post with your talking about his character.

Mongo, didn't he once offer cash to be allowed back on?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Everybody lies. Don't you folks watch, "House"?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be, I don't remember all the stupid he's tried over the years. Got the emails at the office.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eh, don't bother looking for 'em, no point. He'll just deny writing them and say some shit about you making them up or, more likely, say he was fucked up when he wrote them.

More fun to watch him try and talk his way out of his mind altered stupid while he has both feet in his mouth and a finger up his nose.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I may look monday, I may not. All depends on how bored I am when I get to the office.

So prolly not...

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

From my experience with footwear companies the $10 per day is a bit of an understated pay. For example when Airwalk moved into a new factory and had the capacity to have their own line the employees received not only $10 per day, but they and their families were also housed and feed in very nice dormitories. So the $50 per week was after their bills.

I also remember seeing the photos ( we had full-time Airwalk employees living on site to help minimize shit going out the back door after the factory closed for the night.) of this housing and the common thought was this was much nicer than what people who were doing similar labor were living in here in the states.

When I began work at Duff's shoes it was similar situation with the factory employees. From my understanding...at that time...the factories near Beijing were virtual slave labor...but factories run by agents out of Hong Kong were of a very high standard. Hong Kong realized the rest of the world wouldn't put up with Beijing style factories. If you want to know why Chinese footwear is of such high quality, it's because it is being made on Italian designed machinery that is serviced by Italians. They have done similar things with other things they have produced.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  7. H8R

I really should finish reading a thread before posting while only half way thru reading it.

I wouldn't have bothered writing my first response.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's what the "+" button is for, Einstein: select a post you might want to respond to and keep reading.

9. H8R

Looky here....I don't tell you how to make Putter your bitch....don't tell me how to post.

:crackup:

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thanks dude! never knew how to do that! :up: Couldn't find the "+" button though.

Let's see if this works: Die in a fire, Fattie McFatass!

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

When a police officer stops you for an offense and asks you a question, don't, for even one second, assume that he doesn't already know the answer. If you lie to him, or her, you will get a ticket every time. If you're respectful, amiable, and keep a good attitude while admitting that you screwed up, and without making excuses for your screw-up, you might be given a warning and let go. :up:

12. H8R

The only times I've been given a warnings are when I followed this exact advice.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The only times I've been given warnings is when I lied. Last ticket I got I was polite and the officer even commented thankfully that I didn't give him any grief. All this while he wrote me up the very maximum he could. I would really like to try the world you guys live in, sounds nice.:D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have pulled over spontaneously before even being chased and gotten away with 95+ in a 55.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

95 in a 45 and I was told to "just go the f@ck away".

16. H8R

I was on a street bike...I got separated from my buddies. I saw them up ahead and quickened my pace. A cop was going the other way...I was easily going 60 in a 25mph. In AZ 20mph over means you get a ride in a cop car for criminal speeding. I saw him throw out the anchor in my mirrors as he u-turned through the dirt median. There was Circle K on my right so I hit the brakes HARD and pulled in. As the cop came into the parking lot I already had my jacket, helmet and gloves off. I looked right at him as I pulled the key out of the ignition and dropped it on the ground. As he walked up to me I had my DL, Ins. card and race license out. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going. I said yes. I was going 60MPH. He must've blinked four times before he tried to say anything. Before he could get a word out I said "I'm a racer, I don't ride on the street much at all, I tell people at the track all the time to not do what I did, I got separated from my friends by a stop light and was trying to catch up"...and then I added that "I'm a complete idiot and I really do know better, and that it will never happen again".

The cop just smiled...looked at my ID and stuff then handed it straight back to me and said "don't do it again". The cop then left.

Let me add that the cop was a Sheriff with the Maricopa County Sheriffs Office...which are known as a rather rabid group of LEO's.

That was the last time I rode on the street.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL. The last time I was stopped was about 1 am on New Years night about 3 years ago. My wife and I were going home from her sister's and were on the I20 access road doing about 60. The speed limit is 50. A state trooper was on the freeway pacing me and took the next exit and pulled in behind me. When he lit me up I pulled over and sit there until he walked up to the window. He then asked me if I had been drinking. I told him no and that I no longer could drink alcohol. I also informed him that my drivers license and insurance card was safely home in my car's console. (We were driving my wife's car.) He just said for me to not forget it again, have a nice morning, and watch out for drunks on the way home.

Woo Hoo!:up:

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Got stopped for being too brief during my stops (late for work).

Got away with it because when he asked if the address on my DL was correct, I stated that no, I had just move from this address to that address.

He looked at me strangely with his fat beady eyes....

Seems he had arrested a short blonde girl earlier in the morning and she had said that she had move from that address to this address!

My sister, that had moved back home while I took over her apartment was puzzled on how I knew she got a ticket. Then tried to get me to pay half of her ticket (business major) because I had laughed myself out of mine....

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

They hate white people. Get used to it. :D

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Most of the time I get a warning. Second to last time (Last time was a $220 fine, but at least they didn't hit me with the Driving to Endanger rap that they should have.) Mass. State cop had me at 85 in an 60 zone in the breakdown lane. (legal to be there during rush hour.) After a little bit of chit chat, he gave me the choice of either a $200 ticket or a 10 minute "time out" on the side of the highway. :up: