1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my 2 cents.

Discussion in 'General' started by moroj82, Apr 21, 2005.

1. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

santioning body, I suppose so for this one race class. They did before with the 80cc mini's, now its just bigger bikes.

Insurance company? I am just quoting the program as anyone can read on the website, it has been in effect for 2 years at least, you pay extra and you get an option to get credit back. I thought it is just a good cust. service program

me personally don't understand enough of the inner working to know much about "playing with fire" :D they who run the programs I guess do know

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We've discussed it an are still discussing it but we don't want to get into the insurance business and all of the regulatory stuff that goes along with it not to mention the need for registrars to be licensed agents etc... in every state we race in.

The only real way to do it legally would be to up all fees and make our credit/refund policy a lot more lenient.

3. r6_philly

I think thats the way to go anyhow, build the policy into the margins

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I know the becuase we sanction races we pay substantially higher rentals and insurance rates at most tracks.

Insurance for anything and everything is regulated and you have to be licensed to sell it.

You might not have problems now but if you get caught things could be very bad.

5. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

Higher fees? No thanks. I'm fine with the policy as it is now and it seems pretty fair to me. Sure, it's a risk that you may not make a race, practice, etc you've registered for.

6. r6_philly

I believe they cleared with the track and insurance company about the racing.

7. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Don't call it "Insurance" then.

How about, "Refund Fee" instead

:D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The laws don't really care much about semantics, it's not something I'd do wiht WERA without major legal advice ahead of time. As I said though, there is an easy way to do it - however I'm not sure most of our customers would like a fee increase for something very few every weekend would take advantage of.

9. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Now you're finally getting the joke... :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

11. gerry

gerry Portuguese MotoGP Champ

:up: