1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MWSS Endurance Riders Wanted

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by LoneWolfRacing, Jan 22, 2006.

1. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

After lots of back and forth with potential team members, contracts were not signed and now I am looking for riders for the 2006 Endurance Season, we will be competing in MWSS

Lone Wolf Cycles Endurance Team is looking for 2 serious, financially able and motivated riders to compete in 10 rounds of the 2006 WERA National Endurance Season.

The equipment that we will be riding is as follows:

2005 Honda CBR600RR
    BRIDGESTONE Tires
    Repsol Lubricants
    SBS Brake Pads
    Vortex rearsets, clipons, sprockets, frame sliders
    Thermosman Suspension

Goals for 2006
    To compete for a podium spot at all events.
    To be in championship hunt, with consistent finishes and well preparedness.

We wil be competing in Middleweight Superstock
    Tune&Testing will begin, early March for 3 days at Jennings GP.
    Please email resumes/info to [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from potential teammates.
    To those I end up in serious discussion with, I will send a breakdown of all costs it takes to run the team.
    I cannot stress enough that there is a serious financial commitment to endurance racing, but it still is better bang for the buck then doing a load of sprints.

One more thing, if you have a company who is sponsoring your ride, I am willing and able to give them the necessary exposure for their service or product. Anyone who has a pit crew member/scorer, they want to have involved, that is gladly welcomed.

2. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Please e-mail me the specifics.
    Thanks,
    Bill

3. LoneWolfRacing

These next few posts are pages from an agreement/contract that I have setup for this program, hopefully this shouls answer your questions.

4. LoneWolfRacing

Lone Wolf Cycles agrees to supply:

Two Honda CBR600RR racebikes that will pass WERA Technical Safety Inspection. 2005 model

Periodic maintenance to both of the above bikes.

Transportation of th racebikes and equipment to 10 rounds of the
    WERA National Endurance Series.

All items listed on the 2006 WERA National Endurance Series Cost Calculation page.

Basic paddock area setup, tools and supplies.

Lone Wolf Cycles will be present no later than Friday 8 a.m before the event. Thursday 8 a.m when the endurance race is on Friday.

2006 WERA National Endurance Series Cost Calculation

Item Cost Per Event Total Season $

Race entry fee $250 $2500

Practice fees 2sessions@100 eachx2 $4000

Tires 3 sets per event @ $280/set $8400

Fuel for bikes 55 gallons @ 3.00/gallon $1650

Oil Changes 8 quarts w/ 2 filters @ $80 $800

Brake pads 10 sets for season @ $100 $1000

Brake fluid Every 2nd event @ $10/bike $100

Suspension maintenance periodic, as needed $900

AMB Transponders 2 units @ $330 each $660
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $2010 per event $20100.00

Rider buy in for all 10 events is $6500

An agreed upon pre payment installment plan can be solidified.
    The best example would be 4 payments of $1625.
    There will be no paying at the begining of each weekend.

I will accept a rider commiting to less than all 10 events.
    The costs will $650 per event.

More info in the next post

5. LoneWolfRacing

The issue of crashes, possible crash damage and parts replacement will be addressed in the following manner.

1. The rider who crashes any of the Lone Wolf Cycles racebikes, will pay for the replacement of all parts damaged in that crash, that must be replaced.

2. If the damaged parts can be repaired and pass WERA Technical Safety Inspection then the rider will not pay for replacement.

3. The rider who crashes any of the Lone Wolf Cycles racebikes and this crash causes the need for replacenment will pay exactly what Lone Wolf Cycles paid for replacement. There will be no inflating of the costs for replacing parts. Financial statements will be provided upon request.

4. Internal engine failures will not be charged to the rider.

6. LoneWolfRacing

Subject: Contingency and WERA Purse Winnnings.

1. All WERA Purse winnings that Lone Wolf Cycles earns competing in the 2006 WERA National Endurance Series, will be split evenly between all three participating endurance team riders.

2. All contingency winnnings that Lone Wolf Cycles earns competing in the 2006 WERA National Endurance Series will be distributed in the following manner:
    50% to the team owner David Cross
    25% to each of the other two riders

3. All WERA Purse and cash contingency earnings will be distributed as stated above when Lone Wolf Cycles receives them.

4. For contingencies that are awarded as certificates, each team rider will accrue their 25% share as team credit and may have it as cash or kept as team credit toward any expenses that rider may incur due to a crash.

5. In the event only two riders compete in any event, all contingency and purse winnings will be evenly split between the competing two riders.

7. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

You need to call Chris at Indysuperbikes and work up a deal with him. He sponsors, pays the $6500, and I Race!!! :D

I'll keep dreaming. Many props for giving racers a great deal, though. Good luck!

8. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

it sound like a well thought set up but good riders are NOT going to pay to ride every weekend...it kind of works the other way, if you want a podium spot evey weekend anyway? good luck though.

9. LoneWolfRacing

Ok, well are their really that many teams paying riders?
    I mean besides the obvious supported teams.

I think there are more good riders than spots for them to ride for free or get paid.
    Yes I will have to scale back on my goals, unless I have a diamond in the rough that suprises, but when it comes down to it, I want to have fun and compete. The endurance season is long and the possibilites are endless to where teams can finish when all is said and done.

VCR12, answer me this question though... why should I pay riders
    who names are not already finishing in AMA Top 15 or WERA National Top 10 to ride my bike(s)?
    Paying someone who has potential, before they achieve major accomplishments to what end?
    Are you telling me someone who has Amateur Regional Championship under his or her belt and is now going to step up to National level should be getting paid to ride or ride for free on a team that is supplying the bike(s) to race in endurance?
    There are many of those guys who are out of the sport within 2 years...because of finances.
    I will then amend my goal to competing for the best position possible .....

:Poke:

I am not saying hey Troy M., Matt Lynn, Brian Stokes, Reuben Frankenfield... (sorry to all the other good racers I did not mention) .... come pay to ride for my team....

10. bp@RiderSurance.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: your not talking about Troy Meikle are you?

11. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

i'm not really saying that you should pay them but a good rider isn't or most likely will not pay to ride...thats the facts. by good rider i mean a rider that will get you on the podium every race and not crash...that equals making you money. when you don't crash and you finish on the podium you had a good race.

12. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

Yeah that Meikle guy was on his head more then on his bike. What a loser
    :)

13. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Yeah I forgot to thank him for handing me a position in the 750 cup race :up:

14. Racingxtc7

Racingxtc7 Well-Known Member

Wow!! where do you get your information?! I have a couple friends that are top 10 finishers in AMA and they fork out $6000 EACH AMA round they race!!!!! Why don't you pick up a copy of "Road Racing World" and actually read it. There is articles called "Betting The Farm"!!! The only motorcycle roadracers in the country being payed to ride are factory riders and a very few satelite riders but even most riders on satelite teams are paying for thier spot. It will cost you between 30k and 120k just to be on a little satelite team.

Dave is a good guy and he's offering a great deal. Its worth whats he's asking just to wench and transport a bike, oh and he's proving the bike and the equipment!!!!! You can't run a 600cc bike a full season for under 12k and thats just doing sprints and already owning a bike that is full prepped and ready to go.

This deal makes a lot of sense for someone that is fast and wants to step it up but doesn't have to finances to do so. Lone Wolf is saving a racer from buying a big truck with the big fuel bills, the big trailer, the new bike, prepping a new bike, place to store the bike, generater, tire warmers, stands, fuel cells, tools, canopies, spares, maintance on the bike, and so on!!!

If only I had the cash. GGRRRR

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

2 cents

As an experienced rider, I think this deal is avery good chance for some one, there are not to many offers/deals like this availlable out there, and whilst you are there learning and riding hard people are watching, who know's what the future may bring:beer:

16. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

You aint got no experience!!!

Ok maybe you have a little experience.

17. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Trust me, VCR has been around a while and really knows the ins and outs of endurance. You could learn a ton from those guys.

That being said - your example is completely off base with what he was stating. His comments were basically saying that top riders in the series aren't going to pay to ride. That's not saying you need to pay them a rider's fee. It means the costs of the team are the burden of the team owner and the sposnsors they bring to the table.

The AMA scenerio you are putting out there is simply a deal where racers pay to race their series much like a sprint racer in WERA would. The riders on support teams ARE NOT paying for their rides. They get contingency moneys and sponsor money, but the team is not paying them to ride for them. Trust me, Steve Rapp isn't paying money to race with Jordan. Same with Hayes and those guys.

They have expenses, sure. They pay to get to and from, etc., but they are not footing the bill of buying a bike, entering a race, tires, practice fees, etc., etc. Kinda a Cliff Notes deal, but they are not paying 100% of the costs of racing.

18. BOLAH

BOLAH Me n Al @ Summit 04

Having run the endurance series for a couple years (many moons ago) I can tell you that this dude is being straight with y'all, this is a good deal he's got goin' on here and somebody needs to do the math and jump on this shit! I would, but I'm too old and slow now.:up: