1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muzzy Raptor Parts?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by six6two, Jun 7, 2023.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

Is there anyone on earth that might have some internals on a shelf somewhere from one of these unicorns? What about an engine? Long shot, I know, but I've picked up a 99 ZX7 for the street and would do awful things for some gear driven cams... single sided swingarm would be pretty rad too, but I think I'm going to put a 3rd gen ZX10 swinger, forks, wheels, and brakes on her.. but right now it's got some decent Ktech stuff and some super badass PM wheels on it..

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

55CEBBC4-FFB3-4E12-B93A-8A5D424BBDF2_1_105_c.jpeg

borislav, J Bart and ToofPic like this.
  2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

In short, call Iconic. He had 2 recently and sold them both. Previous to that he had a pretty wild bunker of parts for a ZX7 WSBK but he might have sold it.

Ram made the swingarm, but they are out of business. I have seem guys do a 916 conversion, but hen you are looking at a custom exhaust to clear getting the tire on and off.

Gear driven cams were not off the shelf. They were a kit race part sold by Kawi. You can get some parts still from this guy: https://www.dunbarraceengineering.com/kawasaki-parts

If you want to have one that will run.. Buy a used engine, punch it out to 792cc, have the head milled and ported, put flatslides on it, exhaust, and call it a day. Or go the ZX-9 engine swap route. The most that bike needs is a diet. You have the wheels, put some lighter ZX10 forks, and you are good.

Superchikn996 and VFR#52 like this.
  3. ccmhunt

ccmhunt Well-Known Member

I have probably 25 sets of kit dear drives, with all the optional cam gears, crank gears. I have kit and factory heads, kit and factory pistons, kit and factory cranks, rods, etc etc