1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mummies

Discussion in 'General' started by G8rDuc, Jul 2, 2012.

1. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

With a lot of posts covering some good bands and musicians coming up, I'd thought I'd share this after keeping them a secret for 3 years, ROFL. There's an amazing, super tight funk band that comes out of Nashville called Here Come the Mummies. I've had the pleasure of seeing them 4 times and meeting them after the shows. They don't talk, with the exception of the percussionist (his stage name is Java). They have not revealed their identities (rumors are they are all contracted musicians, so they are forbidden to sign another contract, hence hidden identities.) I've spoken with several of the musicians off of the record and they're great guys. They rotate members, depending on concert dates, conflicts, etc.

They just lost Oozie, one of their vocalists (and a trumpet player), but rest assured, they have plenty to fill in the vacant space. Anyways, if they're coming to a town around you, I highly recommend them. Their concerts are awesome, it's a ton of fun and the chicks are crazy around them (all of their songs are pretty much sexual innuendos).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5EE42So7I

2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

What the hell man! :crackup:

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Don't need sunglasses to be incognito with that getup. Good sound.

4. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I thought this was gonna be about me... I'm so selfish.