1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mugello or San Marino GP?

Discussion in 'General' started by breakneckPace, Dec 7, 2015.

1. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

Looking for some opinions from the beeb. The wife and I are wanting to go to Italy this coming year to try and watch one of the GP races. Any thoughts on which might be the better one to attend?

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm currently looking into San Marino, but I'll be taking the whole family because the track is like 10 minutes from the beach.

Cannoli will be there too. So maybe Mugello is the better option...

breakneckPace likes this.
  3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Been to both several tims and my answer is... It depends. If you want the "Italy" experience, I say go for Mugello. Close to Florence and nothing beats the Tuscan countryside. The race is in early summer so the weather is perfect in Florence and Mugello. You will likely fly into Rome where mid 90's that time of year is normal, and air conditioning is hard to find.

The San Marnio race is near the Adriatic coast, known as the Italian Riviera. Rriccioni, the closest town is where the Itailans go to vacation. The beaches are gorgeous and the water is warm. The race is towards the end of the Italian vacation season so the area isn't overly crowded. This area is much more modern then other areas, but you can enjoy a taste of history in San Marino or in Bologna, the city where you will likely fly into.

PM me for more info. I'm typing this quickly on my iPad.

4. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

awesome! thanks for the insight!

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I see what you did, there... :cool:

6. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

fwiw, been to san marino and it was a bit underwhelming. after attending races in the US, where you can generally stroll about openly, going there was like watching from prison. we had 'general admin' tix, but they only allow you into a very limited area (i.e. all the 'gen admin' areas are separate and you cant go from one to another). that was pretty damn lame. overall it was fun and all, but the beach does little for me since i live at one. best part was just bangin around at night, people watchin all the funny eyetalians. bumped into a few riders as well.

from afar, mugello looks more legit and is on my TDL. but, next year the plan is barcelona. i cant hold out any longer. lol

hth,
    vince
    :D

7. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I vote for Mugello. Florence is the amazing cradle of the Renaissance, worth a trip to see the city and its contents, and the Tuscan hills, south of Florence, deserve a looksee also. Worth the trip. On the other hand, San Marino is on the beach, FWIW.