1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mueller report is out....kind of

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Motofun352, Mar 22, 2019.

1. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

All the evidence is there but I still don’t think anything is going to happen.

sheepofblue likes this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

3. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

4. Spang308

Agree 100%

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Trying to catch up, but, a few things jump out:
    I'm assuming that's a typo as Repubs aren't making the noise and they have gone to read it. Dems haven't.
    Not sure if this was answered, but, there was a question asking if the subpoena was an actual document. Here's the subpoena for the unredacted report and all supporting documents https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/d...documents/Mueller Report Subpoena 4.18.19.pdf
    I wonder if conspiracy charges could be filed for trying to force someone to break the law?

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

They are not actually encouraging anyone to break the law. Releasing the report to Congress is not making the report public. If Congress then makes the report public, then they would be breaking the law. We all know the leak will happen and we all know that no one will be prosecuted for it, but in any legal sense, they are not forcing anyone to break the law, as the law breaking would be done by congress, not by the Justice department.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

No law was broken by them. There is no guarantee they publish 'truth' nor should there be. If there was who establishes 'truth'? Instead they are destroying there ability to stay in business. Between people dropping cable and the drop in viewers after the lie was exposed and the tripled down, they are hurting. On the other front though I would love to see the people that authorized searches based on crap (knowingly) go to jail. But I suspect their cell will be next to Hillary's and empty.

gixxerreese likes this.
  8. worthless

But I thought the issue was that some of the redacted information, such as grand jury matters, could not be released to anyone, including Congress, without a court order. If that's the case, seems like things are being done in the wrong order. And if that is the case, and if the underlying evidence is also included, then aren't they going to have to go back through the 2 million documents, determine what is/isn't protected, and get a court order for that information specifically, or can there just be one blanket request to the court to allow the information to be released?

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Yes...the Dems demanded it, and they want it now.

Word on the street is that 877-CASH-NOW has been called.:eek:

10. Spang308

It's all just foot stomping and noise in an attempt to make Barr look bad...because he's about to whoop some ass and they know it. They know what really went on and they're well aware of who is tied up in this mess. Some in congress may not be in danger of prosecution, but they certainly are about to have a lot of egg on their faces.
    Opening act is over. Time for the real show.
    :Pop:

spcassell likes this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That's exactly it.

It will give them the ammunition they need to call his investigations into the investigators bullshit. They will call it Trumps revenge or something similar to make it look like Trump is the one weaponizing the DOJ. Ironic right?

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am not 100% sure on the law, but I thought it could be released to the proper committee, but not beyond that. Hopefully you are right and it is unlawful to release that information.

13. worthless

So, it's wrong to investigate the investigation...unless it's congress...then it's just called oversight. Do I have that right?

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Better call Saul.

speeddaddy likes this.
  15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Only if the investigation is against republicans. Otherwise, you're right.

Redrodent1 likes this.
  16. Spang308

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

No you don't have that right...you have the right to pay more taxes to the Government can have more rights.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is an interesting distinction - unless they're sworn in to some committees I personally don't see congress peeps as being something different than the public. I'm sure of course they do not feel that way :crackup:

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, don't know much about the man but that alone makes me like him :crackup:

Marid2apterbilt and Spang308 like this.