1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mueller report is out....kind of

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Motofun352, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think he's just saying Rubio could be as big a liar as Hillary. Can't really disagree with him there :D

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Bullshit. Factor in the players involved and intent becomes clear. Besides, how do you even present dirt gained from a Russian source? Oh yea, Putin is more trustworthy than anyone working within our own government so it's all good.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So far just keep reading blurbs spouted by both sides and Muellers spin in the intro.

They found not one single thing Trump did wrong, legally or even ethically. Nothing. So he is indeed totally innocent as he has not been proven guilty. That should be the end of it.

Since foo course it isn't they keep focusing on the supposed obstruction. That never happened. Mueller flat out said it never happened. But he did say Trump gave orders for different things that might, not would but might, be considered obstruction. Now how and why would some real estate blowhard know what is or isn't obstruction? I don't think he would. I think he knows/knew what he'd like to do and gave instructions for things he'd like to have done that would work find in a business environment but not in the government. So he doesn't know enough about the law with regard to government shit, not a big deal, that's why you hire people who do and put them in charge of government things and give them the freedom to do the job properly and legally. Which they did. Even if that meant not doing what their boss wanted because their boss doesn't know any better. Wanting to kill the guy who tossed the kid off the balcony up in MN doesn't make any of us a murdered even though we want to murder him - so long as we don't do so. Trump wanting to obstruct justice or giving instructions that would result in obstruction is NOT actual obstruction. Which is exactly why Mueller couldn't charge him with it.

I run interference on things for my boss all the time, she trusts me to do so for her. We're not running the government so those things aren't illegal but they would or could hurt the company and I prevent that from happening on occasion. The end result is the things don't happen. That's it. Thoughts aren't actions nor are they illegal.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit is indeed correct. OMB. Nothing remotely more than that. On certain things hell yeah I'd say you could trust Putin over certain government employees. But yet again that shows your true issue - not focusing on the reality but just on the one comment taken out of context. OMB.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's a tough one. I have read a ton of things that OMBs call lies but they aren't really. Does he play in the gray areas? Hell yeah. Does he couch things so they seem like one thing while saying another? Yepper. Does he make inflammatory statements to get a desired reaction? Well duh :crackup:

But does he flat out lie in his comments and speeches and such? I don't think so. He is definitely wrong on details and uses statistics incorrectly but not sure that is what I'd consider an actual lie. But I don't call either side out for that kind of silly shit as being lies.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? Who is upset about the shutdown? Not sure blaming someone for something no one actually cares about will hurt them in any way.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fish may rot from the head but that's not a good analogy for our government. The president has more influence than power when compared to congress and I totally agree they are the problem and should be swapped out for a new batch regularly. I even try to make a point of typing ACA instead of Obamacare because it wasn't remotely his, he just signed on the bottom line as he was told to do.

Agree on the bitching about Obama and then doing the same, but I thought everyone bitching about Obama on the golf course was stupid. Same for the birther shit. Pretty sure I said so. Not everything gets done in meetings in a conference room, sometimes less formal gets more done.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your bias is making things that are more akin to misdirection into full on lies. No different than those who have been bitching since before he was sworn in that he is a homopohobic woman hating racist - with no actual evidence of any such thing. And as I've said before no different than those (Oh yeah, including Trump) who kept insisting a legal Hawaiian birth cert wasn't legal...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree, he is most definitely full of shit. He absolutely exaggerates for effect. Personally I find that amusing as hell. Almost as funny as AOC's comments but she believes hers :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait, Russia is back to being a full on enemy?

Oh fuck!!!!!!!! There is a phone line from Putin directly into Trumps office!!!!!!!!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've asked for proof of the lies many times and the "proof" winds up being things that aren't really lies. They're just things the OMBs don't like that he said.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tough call. Most I think do it for power and attention. Some for doing good, they are true believers. But then they get there and realize you cannot get anything done and not play the game. Trump is getting away with it more than most but he's the president not a member of congress. AOC is going to learn that bucking the system like he is doesn't work at her level. Pelosi is already making grumbling noises that do not bode well for her survival or ability to accomplish a single thing. Probably good all in all :D

So the believers have to play the game to get any good done which then of course turns them from do good peeps to just another politician. System grinds em up and spits em out. Sad really for those good ones.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh Christ... :rolleyes:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not we. The politicians sure but not the overall general public, not when push comes to shove. There won't be any civil war and the divisiveness that the media and politicians keep playing up doesn't actually exist at the normal human being level any more than it ever has.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, I think I'm caught up again :crackup:

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You're now pulling out more bullshit. Did you read my post #1245? Nothing inflammatory towards 45. Having a meeting with Russians (Jr and employees of Sr) in the middle of an election campaign is just plain stupid. How could any Russian help the cause? If that meeting never happened would this thread even have a reason for being started?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah bitching about his kid and son in law and the campaign has nothing to do with your hatred of him.... :crackup:

You keep saying it was stupid and keep not presenting any evidence why it was. Sorry but it giving the OMB crew something to bitch about doesn't work. If it weren't the Russian stuff that never happened it'd be something else. Look at the witchhunt going on in NY where they flat out said they hadn't found anything yet but they were going to keep harassing the family/company until they did.

So here's an example to help you understand - yes I already know it won't. Say you are in your hometown and do something that pisses off the local Sheriff. Nothing illegal, maybe even just as simple as getting elected to town council when he really wanted someone else to win. Now imagine that Sheriff spends tens of thousands of dollars and thousands of man hours having his department dig into every single aspect of your life, of your business, following you everywhere you go looking for even one instance where you may make a mistake, interviewing everyone you have ever met looking for a word or action they may have seen that wasn't 100% kosher according to them. Oh yeah, they do that to every family member and every coworker of yours.

Would that be acceptable in any way?

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Like you present evidence? Where? You just like shooting down people who have a different viewpoint than yours. Optics are extremely relevant in politics. The optics of that meeting are most definitely relevant. Legal or not. This whole shit show MIGHT not have started if that meeting never took place. It most definitely gave the anti-Trumpers something to feed off of.

You're analogy isn't relevant.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course I like shooting down people who I think are being ridiculous. Duh.

My analogy isn't relevant because of your own personal bias and hatred of the cheeto. Just like every other comment you've made about this entire thing.

I am curious, what evidence am I supposed to be presenting? Evidence of what exactly? Your OMB issues? You still freaking over a meeting that was nothing that also happened almost three years ago is evidence if not absolute proof :crackup:

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

More bullshit. Nice try.