1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting GSXR bodywork on 03 SV?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by styles, Jul 23, 2005.

1. styles

styles The untrained eye

Anyone have any tips on mounting the upper/lower? Maybe pictures of the bodywork mounted on your 03+ SV? Having a tough time over here...

:(

2. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

On my '04 SV I have Cheetah bodywork that is based on the gixxers. So, nothing quite fits right. In fact, the upper/lower is so wide I didn't have to drill for the frame sliders (did anyway). For the upper, I used a GP tech fairing stay. I think it's a combination of the SV bracket with the longer gsxr ears. I had to fab a small bracket for the lower, near the exhaust because the bolt hole didn't come close to anything. The tail was the same story-had to do some trimming and used a lot of bundle ties.
    The mounting holes on the sides of the upper didn't come close to anything and I entertained the idea of making some brackets coming off the frame. I took my time with the upper/lower to make sure it cleared the instruments and that the clip-ons could move thru their full range of travel (had to trim for that). At the same time, I made sure I had plenty of clearance for the front wheel, front fender when the suspension travels, exhaust header and exhaust mid-pipe. All while trying to keep the assembly centered on the bike. Simple, no? If this helps, cool. I may be able to scare up some pics of the way it came out if that will help you any.

3. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

One other thing, go ahead and drill and mount the Dzus fasteners that connect the upper to the lower. Put the assembly of both on the bike to do all the measuring and fitting.
    This should prevent you from getting a good fit on your upper only to find that the lower is right up against your exhaust or will rub on the front wheel.
    :up:

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:stupid: What brand bodywork?
    I have GP Tech brackets in stock. You also fab mounts for the upper, coming from the SVS frame mounts. You can also make mounts on either side for the lower.Either from the stock exhaust mount, or kickstand frame mounting holes.

5. styles

styles The untrained eye

Godfather Racing bodywork. I have a GP Tech fairing stay, but the ears are kind of short. I think I was sent the SVS ears. Would you be able to get me the GSXR ears by this coming Thursday? I'm in Northern Virginia.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yes, I have them in stock.The kit for the GSXR style body is called SV750.Just to be sure that's not what you have already, measure from end to end of the ears you have.The ones I have are 340mm

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005