1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle lifts

Discussion in 'General' started by JurgenW, Oct 3, 2002.

1. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

anyone has an idea where to buy hydralic Motorcycle lifts (with platform) so you can just wheel your bike onto it and lift it - probably about 25-30 inches or so.

Thanks for any links - just seem to find the ol' slide under the bike stuff for HD

2. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

This is one of the most used in shops:
    http://www.handyindustries.com/

If you're just looking for something in your house I made this out of 2 sheets of 3/4 plywood. It "folds" flat and has held a BMW R1100RT with me on it! (No jokes USCRacerX!). I use a motorcycle truck ramp to get the bikes up on the stand.

[​IMG]

3. Wayne510

Wayne510 Active Member

My father bought the Handy air lift. We use it all the time - no complaints from either of us.

4. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

5. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

sweet - that's what I was looking for - wonder how much the shipping is.

Thanks again

6. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

A lot.

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Ever had a bike fall off of it? :D

8. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Just the one... it'll be two as soon as you bring yours back down! :D

Hey by the way: I forgot about those boots you gave me! We're even! Why didn't you remind me?!?!?!?

9. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Craig do you have some plans for that? It looks like something I want to build for my garage...

10. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

I would NOT recommend Lift-Buddy.
    I own one and am on my 2nd hydraulic cylinder and it still leaks. The first cylinder leaked from the day I bought the lift. It was such a pain to change (looks easy, but when the pin is in a bind, it makes it tough) that I just live with it.
    The worst part about them was I waited over 5 months and through 4 broken delivery date promises for the "real" front tire vise. The vise that comes with it is only good for an anchor for a small boat (ie a piece of $hit). When they were finally due to get them in, they wanted to charge me $20 to ship it to me. I had picked up my lift at their dealer in Marietta, GA so I felt that if the vise had been available when I purchased my lift I would have had no shipping for it. I offered to split the cost of shipping for the vise. After a week of no response I sent them another email. Another day goes by with no response. I was pretty pissed and sent them a rather "terse" email. They responded with a wish to not do business with me and blocked my email address. So I said screw them and ordered a vise from Handy Lift. The vise shipped the same day I ordered it. I had to drill new holes to mount it, but it's on there.
    Save yourself some heart break and get the lift from Handy.
    I saw something in the back of RRW that Kowa Tools is making one now. Might be worth a shot.

Scott Padgitt

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Whattaya mean we're even? You mean I can't do anything nice for you and Rikki, like buddy passes? Hey I'd like some plans for that platform myself. With my little bike and self, I probably can use 1/4" plywood! :D

12. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Hell yeah you can! But don't feel you have to. I found those boots last night. I'd forgotten about them... Thanks dude.

Go get 2 good sheets and I'll show you how to build it.

13. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

I'll draw some up tonight for y'all.

14. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Hey, I figured I'd just keep the freebies rolling your way for a couple years. :D You coulda bought another SV with all the spare parts I left behind. Wait a minute, you DID! :eek: Tell Matt Lynn to try on my leathers next time you see him. I need to sell those babies, and my trailer too! Baby needs a new pair of shoes- Stride Rite, sz. 4.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2002