1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle batteries

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 4, 2019.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Life got in the way and didn't keep up with the bikes and all 5 have dead batteries. Who has the best prices? Amazon doesn't seem to have decent prices

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Lithium, can't remember the brand, had a rocket on the logo. Hadn't tried to start the bike in nearly 3 years. Sold it and while I was cleaning it I flipped the kill switch and it turned over with plenty of speed. :)

3. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Alien motion

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. notbostrom

Don't want lipo just old school acid or gel

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well the Parts Unlimited batteries are good quality and if your local dealer does any volume with them he should be able to give you a good, fair price. What batteries / bikes ? I'll PM you with what I'd sell them for so you could compare.

I just remembered PU just started a drop ship program, I can have them sent to your door. Or any other PU dealer can do the same.

Spooner likes this.
  6. notbostrom

08 gsxr 600
    97 monster 750
    Btz7s battery for the frankenbike

7. Banditracer

I'll PM you in the AM when I'm in the shop.

notbostrom likes this.
  8. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yuasa

sharkattack, Shocker and Sabre699 like this.
  9. Mran556

Mran556 Well-Known Member

44.99 from walmart for my bikemaster i think? Agm. It came from a 3rd party

10. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

AGM battery from Bikemaster. Was tired of replacing batteries frequently from other brands that couldn't hold a charge. For the price, Bikemaster is solid.

11. Banditracer

One thing that has a huge effect on battery life is being put into service properly to start. Let the acid soak in before you seal it up and a nice slow charge until it's done, 100%. I always do it right and have had very few batt. warranties in 22 years.
    If I have to get a battery from the auto parts for car, mower etc. I always put it on a tender until it's done before I install it.

doppio, ducnut and TurboBlew like this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

agm from batteries plus or similar. About $80 with core

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Bikemaster is good bang for buck. I got mine from Bikebandit.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

^^^ Yep.

15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The most basic advice there is, and yet is probably NOT done more often than done.

doppio likes this.
  16. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Sounds great if you are not at the track with a dead battery and you are just hoping the one the track vendor has in stock for your bike has enough juice to fire up your bike. I actually wasn't all that worried about longevity as I want to replace it with a lightweight battery anyway. This was a sudden failure thing as the bike started and ran fine at the track day two weeks prior. Now I can't decide if I want the weight savings bad enough to throw out a perfectly good battery. First world problem for sure. If I don't replace it this winter, I will next winter for sure. It is still cheaper weight savings per pound than about anything else I can do, well except eat less and exercise more. :D

18. Banditracer

You guys throwing out all these different brands do realize they probably all come out of the same plant right ? :D

K51000 likes this.
  19. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

Incorrect, most Yuasa are made in USA or Taiwan while other (re)brands mostly in China.

Even then they can be spec'd differently, meaning you will see critical differences for the same size battery between brands - CCA, amp hours, weight etc. For example, with a common Ducati battery there can be a half pound weight difference (less lead) and CCA can vary from Yuasa 210 cca vs 110 - 150 cca for other brands, so it does pay to research.

ducnut likes this.
  20. John Branch

John Branch 90125

EA4A6356-E681-44D9-B312-D5C8DEE483B9.jpeg Western power sports super light plenty of power and holds it ! Paid 100$ I have in all my bikes:blart:

TurboBlew likes this.