1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP trophies made in the ATL

Discussion in 'General' started by CharlieY, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Friends at a local hotrod shop here in Atlanta, Fuller Hotrods, have been commisioned to build the tropies for the Indy MotoGP event. :rock:

Bryan and the boys do some pretty good work, so I'm sure they will be nice.

I had trouble with the pic. Sean has it and will see what he can do about attaching it.

Sean also has dibs on scraps.:D

Attached Files:

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I see Brian and them pulling a trailer everytime I go to Barber.... I saw them in the Lot as well... Do they do anything for the Museum?

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

sounds cool..just hope they know it's a motorcycle race and not cars....

imagine VR46 from the top of the podium holding a trophy with a NASCAR on it...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fuller knows bikes. Dunno why but I half think he raced with us at one point, at least his name sounded familiar even before he got famous in the car world.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

6. CharlieY

Yeah, they do. Stop by the rig when you see it, theres usually something interesting in it.

Bryan has 2 bikes currently displayed in the museum. One of em is a wild EX500 he did for the "Artistry in Iron" show in Vegas.....Its got several parts of my WERA EX500 racebike on it.....long story, but thats how we met about 10 yrs ago.

The EX was just inducted in a special deal in june. It is a weird looking bike, with a 300 slick on the back!:wow:

The other one in the museum is called "The Fueller".....custom framed Buell he did for the "Biker Buildoff" series. He kept the jig and has made several similar since.

I was supposed to drive that rig you saw to Sturgis this coming monday, but had to back out.....gettin paid to go to Sturgis, and had to decline....sux....that rig is a beast! 2 storys with elevator, packed FULL of bikes. I've driven it a couple times.

He knows George pretty well I guess. He paid Bryan for both bikes. He also gets to use the track. We went over there to film an episode of "Cafe Racer TV".

Hey, something just occured to me.....maybe those trophys need delivering.....!?!? :rolleyes:

7. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

Let's hope the trophies aren't too heavy for the riders to hoist above their heads. :crackup: :D

8. CharlieY

No, he hasnt...but I've tried man! The guy can ride, I've seen it and went "Dayum!"....nothin crazy or stupid....but I've told him 1000 times to try it, take my bike.....but no, he just chuckles.....I'm not sure what the hold up is.....Dean Middleton tried too....

He has 2 little 250 Ducatis sittin in the shop right now. He's making them into monoshock dirtbikes!....they would make great little racebikes, but i was told noooo!!!!

I aint giving up tho!

On that note....one of his crew wants to try WERA Racing.....Nick, the guy I drive the rig with.....He's leaning twds an SV to get started....wadda yall got? He's looking for something race ready.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

SV has a shitload of classes to run.

Had a few of the little Ducs up at VMD. Cool bikes.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The Mongo was probably think of the Fuller Brush Man...

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Cool deal Charlie... I saw that EX there and the episode filmed there as well... :up::up:

12. CharlieY

Thanx sir.....

I wonder if there are any other bits or pieces of a WERA racebike in the museum?:rock:....seriously.....that display as you enter has to have a WERA sticker in there somewhere????

Its also kind of a shame that parts of my racebike are on that EX.....it is just so "out there" compared to a racebike!:wow: ....no one would ever know....he wanted a dragbike theme.

Bryans always been alittle different shall we say.:D:Poke: He built it as a tribute to his Dad, and Army guy. The bikeshow he built it for is invite only, peer judged.....he bought the bike for $400 and decided to put it up against huge hi-dollar HD based choppers....it was his EX Vs 24 Harleys.....i think he got 4th......I like his style.:beer:

Good guy. He will BS with anyone who walks up and wants to talk bikes and cars.

He and one of his cars, The Impaler, were on "Powerblock" with Courtney this weekend....Another WERA Vintage Racer, Dean Middleton, was the shop foreman during that build.

Then Dean and some OTHER WERA guy.....some punk named "Walker" (??)....drove it out to Pomona for the Grand National Roadster Show.:up:

Some of you may also know Ben Boyle, V7 guy, he worked on the Impaler for a couple years, from the start.....Ben's running his own shop now in the Atl...just finished working on a Drixton framed honda for Buff (footwork here).

I wonder if we could make WERA the official sanctioning body for Fuller Hotrods?:rolleyes: ;)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

ATL to Pomona, CA in just under 48hrs. with only two stops for caffeine and a giant bag of Raisinettes :cool::D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are a few WERA bikes in the museum including two Team Hammer Endurance machines.

15. I will put $500 in the Air Fence Fund if you get them to make a plaque that says "Mongo sucks" and get a picture of Spies holding it up.

:D

16. CharlieY

Come now, Mr. Broome, the Jed Clampet oil baron of the BBS, surely you can do better than 500? :D

This is just a demonstration that the boys are into those style pranks....this is from the GNRS in pomona.:rolleyes:

I've seen Fuller use that "special TV star power" a few times. I just chuckle....:D

Attached Files:

• sux.jpg
      sux.jpg
      File size:
      153.1 KB
      Views:
  17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Why do I have a feeling you've already contacted those guys about your own personal trophy made of the same stuff ...

:D

18. CharlieY

I'm gonna head down to the shop at lunch....to check on Chaotic's trophy.:D

I'll see if I can get a pic of what they are going to look like.

....And Walker....the look on your face as you are stroking that donkey is priceless sir!:crackup::crackup: .....I seriously laugh every time!