1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Jerez | Spain |May 4-6 | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Doesnt count since Toe hates AI29

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

I hate Jorge Lorenzo. He’s nothing but a damn paper weight on the track. They should’ve Mapping 8’ed him... but he’s such an awful teammate anyhow he wouldn’t have listened.

MachineR1, brex, flyingpig70 and 2 others like this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nope.

AJ, sdiver and crashman like this.
  4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I’m pretty sure that incident seals the deal. Little dude has had the worst luck in the history of GP. Hope he’s OK.

The Great One, Odilup, 5axis and 4 others like this.
  5. dsapsis

Bullshit.

6. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

I suppose if anyone "caused" the crash, it would likely be Lorenzo, but for sure it wasn't intentional, nor anticipated. When in doubt, gas it out, has to be the default position for all these guys. Can't imagine what other options he might have exercised. And we'll never really know if he did or didn't see Pedrosa before it was too late. He knew Dovi was right behind him the whole time, but may not have known how close Dani was. I've always been amazed that these types of accidents don't happen more often.

Canadian Bacon and scottn like this.
  7. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

How would that not be a correct statement? Lorenzo was wide, and did not hold his line. Instead he closed the door knowing there was another rider behind Dovizioso. He was trying to slow said rider down by going back to the race line, but in doing so he caused the wreck.

8. Potts N Pans

I feel like Ducati has had both bikes taken out during the same incident a few times over the last couple seasons.

rcarson15 and Phl218 like this.
  9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

You are delusional. How do you hold a wide line?

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

This.

Lorenzo didn't have to dive to the apex to avoid Dovi. He left zero room for other riders with position on the racing line.

Bonehead move, but not intended to put Pedro on the carpet.

11. dsapsis

As a Markov process, the crash starts with Dovi overcooking the corner, triggering Jorge running wide. He then squared the corner becuase thats the fastest recovery option he has. He has no idea that Pedro is right there, and neither of those two see each other essentially until contact. It was a racing incident (as validated by race control), initiated by Dovi blowing the corner.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    badmoon692008, AJ, tiggen and 9 others like this.
  12. Potts N Pans

Marquez switched bodywork with Pedrosa after the WUP crashes to take the attention of himself. "Pedrosa's bike" now dive bombs the Ducati pack...and MM93 rides off into the sunset. :eek:

heytchap likes this.
  13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

100% racing incident but I put the responsibility (not blame] on Pedrosa. Overtaking rider is responsible for a clean overtake. At the time of contact Lorenzo was still ahead and had every right to the track.

badmoon692008, sbk25, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  14. pickled egg

Well that means Lorenzo owns crashing into Dovi... :Poke:

badmoon692008 and rcarson15 like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

[emoji90]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

rcarson15 likes this.
  16. pickled egg

As a Markov process, it starts with dinosaurs dying and becoming oil. :Poke:

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Werd!

18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

crazy race.. that slide through the gravel on the track :eek:

BigBird and TLR67 like this.
  19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: anything that happens after initial contact is the responsibility of whoever created that contact.

20. dsapsis

Just watched the Moto3 race. I'm not sure what the appropriate penalty for Aaron Canet is, but it would seem a severe one is merited. Given he was on warning, and to pull that shit, jeezus.

cpettit likes this.