1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Jerez | Spain |May 4-6 | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh nevermind, Q coverage.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

After you watch the race I’m curious of your thoughts.

3. If he agrees with you? :)

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Won’t change my opinion. I’m curious as his thoughts.

There are maybe a handful of people whom I’d consider as much or more knowledgeable than I am in these situations and he’s on the list.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm skeert.

Based on all the descriptions and ignoring the personal stuff it sure sounds like "it sucks but shit happens". JL trying to get back at it after running wide, Pedro thinking the hole was bigger than it was, Dovi kind of being there, and boom they all go flying. Unless someone has a habit of doing things it's really hard to assign blame when you can only really do so if you can figure out intent.

Canet however. Eek.

MachineR1 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

o_O

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Racing shit happens to me. I wouldn't even call it Dani diving for a hole that closed up - he just held his line, didn't change a thing to go through there so I wouldn't fault him a single bit - and add in there is no way he could see Lorenzo coming back to the inside, he sure wasn't trying a block pass or the like. I don't think Lorenzo needed to come back over that hard/far/fast since it put him off the line coming out but I can't fault him in any way for doing it. I don't think he was trying to block Dovi or anyone else, looks like he just yanked it to the right to stay on track.

8. 178SV

178SV now retired...

So you're saying it's Dovi's fault.... Kidding!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd blame Dovi for pushing Jorge wide sure. But that alone didn't cause the crash.

Could blame him for not pushing Lorenzo out of the way earlier :D

10. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

Look at the direction of the front wheels=
    [​IMG]

11. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Dani but this one really was a 'racing incident'.....

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Look how much lorenzo yanks the bars right when he corrects... bruhman trippin'

helitech likes this.
  13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It's a typical race move. If somebody dive bombs and runs wide, you cut back under. Dani came in the picture too late to be seen. If you watch it again you see Lorenzo pickup the bike right before Dani rams him

The Dung Beetle and crashman like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, looked like he saw and him and had an oh shit moment.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fk Iannone. Contract speed is all that is. Sign him and he'll be back to tooling around again planning his next photo shoot. I hate him.

BigBird, ShadowBoxer and SGVRider like this.
  16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Yea last moment. I mean the initial correction. Urgency panic action to not watch his hopes ride away too far maybe...

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Why take that bet? He may as well skip the middle man and just give it to the Action Fund now. :D

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This. Dude only picks it up at contract time. I still hope he gets thrown on his ear for George. Though at the rate Rins is going.... Poor bastard. Iannone is a gigantic douche missile but I do like seeing him in the mix when he’s on. The on days seem to only coincide with contract negotiation days though.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What does Rins have to worry about? He already signed for 2 more years. :confused:

BigBird likes this.