1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP championship will be won by

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 18, 2020.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I was present at many a FIM 500cc 2-Stroke GPs....the racing and the machinery was always exciting.
    IMO Honda and their power ruined GP racing.
    Rossi winning on the NSR500 was awesome...and the era of Rossi...saved MOTO GP...he won on every format of racing machinery.
    There was a stretch there in MITO GP...that was nothing but grid fillers..and although there were some very good writers Melandri, Edwards, Spies, Crash Crutchlow and many others...they just did not have the ability or the proper machinery to compete for wins on a regular basis...
    It's the rules that suck in my opinion Honda controls rules of controlled/manipulated racing for 30 years..... Now we're stuck with sealed engine rules, spec tires, rookie rules, and host of other b***shit......
    Most of the Moto GP races .....flat out suck.
    I just assumed watch pay-per-view of Rossi on a track solo doing mile long wheelies

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

so, you say Miller?

upload_2020-8-18_14-55-58.png

Sabre699 and auminer like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

2 months ago would anyone believe the current standings?

BigBird likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I've already had to pay 50 bucks to the AFF once for JoT getting lucky... Don't make me spout off and cost myself a Grant again! :D

5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Binder is looking good...impressive that KTM has come this far with the bike since last season.

Who’s playing the MotoGP Fantasy league on the app? I just traded Vinales for Binder...vinales has been letting me down.

BigBird likes this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Binder would not have been the top finishing KTM had not Pol taken his teammate out.
    You must have missed the post inviting folks to the WERA league.

BigBird, Newyork and Phl218 like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Newyork likes this.
  8. Skrawny

Skrawny Well-Known Member

9. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

A reverse grid would be a cool concept but you'd have to either make it random or have points for Qualifying. If not people would obviously sandbag.

10. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

This is true but Binder consistently out performs Pol...points speak for themselves.

Definitely missed that one....doh!

BigBird likes this.
  11. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I think a lot of the championship is going to rest on the durability of the Yamaha engine.

Voluntary reverse grid. You can invert your starting position for double points. Start on pole or dead last. Start in third or third from the back and so on. Of course that would just lead to MM winning the whole thing in about three rounds.

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  12. The Beer Hunter

I think you announce two weekends as reverse grids. Top ten qualifiers are paid points (I.e. 10 for P1, 8 for P2 and etc) but then P1 starts from the back. It gives underdog teams chances to score points but doesnt obscenely hurt front runners.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'm not so sure Binder would be outperforming Miguel if his teammates didn't keep knocking him over.

Shocker, Newyork and pscook like this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I put the smiley at the end of that idea cuz it might not be a safe approach. Aside from that, whether pole was determined by a qualifying session or fastest practice times, I doubt these guys would squander valuable pre-race track time in lieu of a race set-up.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Reverse grids are the dumbest idea.

F1 does it out of desperation for 'some' action. MotoGP isn't there at all....

16. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I can't remember F1 ever doing reverse grids. WSBK did though.

BigBird likes this.
  17. The Beer Hunter

F1 hasnt. They just kicked the idea around.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You guys sound like Nascar. Stop fucking with racing. It's racing, not some complicated scheme to get points based on a bunch of different criteria. You want the most points? Beat all the other guys to the line. Dead. Simple. Fuck with the rules to create parity amongst teams all you want (I prefer zero rules in a prototype series, but thats me....), but leave the actual bit between the green flag, and the checker flag a survival of the fittest (fastest) with zero fucking about. The qualifying to set the grid is fine also. Fastest wins. Leave it all out on the track. If you, your bike, or your team suck and have to start at the back, or only finish at the back, well, get better.

We've got the most unpredictable championship in modern history, with one of the most stacked grids in history, and the most competitive manufacturers and you're talking about changing things for more excitement.......

19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a bigger group in Q2. Let the top 4 from Q1 into Q2. I think it'll make both Q1 and Q2 better, and provide more variation with grid position.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Nah, it's incentive to do better. How many chances does a guy need? 10 fastest spots directly into q2. 2 "bonus" ones from q1. IMO that's enough, perfect almost. If not? try harder next week. It's not a charity run with participation awards, it's motorcycle racing at the highest tier.