1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp air bags

Discussion in 'General' started by ajcjr, Feb 17, 2018.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

if you dont wear dainese or astars what are riders doing to meet the new regulations?

2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Some brands are using the Alpinestars and Dianese systems. I know RS Taichi is using tech air.

ajcjr likes this.
  3. They can adapt the D-Air bags to other suits. It’s been happening for years, long before this regulation.

I remember seeing people wearing suits years ago from Taichi and others, and then seeing “D-Air” on the back of them.

ajcjr likes this.
  4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a story earlier this year of a moto2 rider that was using a vest underneath the suit made by his suit sponsor. I think both dainese and astars are offering this type of vest now.

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

both alpinestars and Dainese will license the technology to other companies, or just provide a system that can be built into their leathers.

I know RevIt and others have used the D-air systems, it'll be interesting to see who goes with which system.

Also will be interesting if the riders will have to use active systems and actually run them. lol.

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

on the WSS feed, u can see Randy Krummenacher with a D-Air logo on his undersuit under his IXS leathers. I asked a Dainese rep if there was any chance I could buy one those undersuits. nope. maybe I should call IXS hehe.

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think the Taichi suits using Tech-Air are already being advertised. They also were using the protection from Knox gloves under license as well. It would make sense to leverage the research already done on the matter, as I can't imagine that the smaller companies have the resources and data that Alpinestars and Dainese have on this.

ajcjr likes this.