1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

You know full well what I meant before I stuck my foot in my mouth :crackup:

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

This. Gigi will have him on double top secret sauce just to piss off Tardozzi who acts like a kindergartner in the pit box when shit hits the fan.

3. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Dunno. I think they will give him stuff to succeed, but when the Italian on the Factory Ducati starts losing too much to him... They might put a wrench in the gearbox to ensure he doesnt make factory team look bad. Cause he is going to..

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You mean the Yamaha that a famous engineer, that I'm too lazy to look up his name, had already redesigned and made it a good proper bike, before Rossi got there? Because if you really believe it was Rossi that did that, why didn't Rossi and Jeremy Burgess do it at Ducati? They said they could do it again on the Ducati in only 90 seconds, but they didn't pull that off within the 2 years they were at Ducati, and a lot of money and resources were thrown at that.

LET ME HELP YOU, IT IS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO IT THE FIRST TIME!!!!

ROSSI LUCKED INTO A PROPERLY REDISGNED YAMAHA AND BELEIVED ALL THE BS THAT IS WAS ONLY GOOD BECAUSE OF HIM!!! I agree he was a great rider and I really loved watching him race and I'm a fan. But the myth that he fixed the Yamaha was blown out of the water. He could build a wall and cause drama while losing. Also when Rossi and Burgess went back to Yamaha, they couldn't make the Yamaha win the championship with Rossi riding it, although Lorenzo and Quart were teammates with him and won the championship.

I still like Rossi, but the nut swinger fans, who revise history bug me a bit. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Frickin Marquez nut swingers! I predict he'll be on the DL after round 1 next year, so the speed of the Duc really won't even matter in the end.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Linders somethings not quite right with you! Were you dropped on your head as a kid? Did your mom put vodka in your baby bottle?

Boman Forklift and motion like this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

There are more manufacturers participating this years than the last few decades. And especially the golden years of the 80s and 90s. How is that "going away"? GP racing survived without Japanese involvement(specifically Honda) before, it can again.

9. Boman Forklift

Any of you Rossi fan boys want to bet some money on how well Marquez does next year? I mean you say Marquez is washed up, and he maybe, but I’m a betting man that thinks he isn’t yet done!!

I will bet up to $1000 to xx number of takers that Marquez gets at least 3rd in the championship next year. @motion might take the entire 1k action or you can split it with @Dan Dubeau and @Dave Wolfe

Rossi was also on a championship winning bike. Marquez is washed up and almost retired per you guys, so it should be an easy bet that Rossi’s last 4 years from the end, is better than Marquez is now? Plus Rossi wasn’t as banged up and far from a winning season as Marquez is now. I think Rossi finished 2nd and 3rd in his last 5 seasons.
    I was born in Germany, they put beer in my bottle.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    Senna likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There are 5 manufacturers this year in the premier class. There was 6 in 2022.

you including moto2 and moto3? Or including Gas Gas in motogp?

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

But we aren’t Marquez nut swingers. We are fans of both riders. You only swing from one rider’s nuts. We swing from them all.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Bet to the AFF? Those $1000 bets are the easiest on the beeb since one can just skip out on them and then be a dick about it when it's brought up.

Boman Forklift and Banditracer like this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Nope, I already donate to that fund, I'm trying to make drag racing money for next year. I will throw it in Escrow if need be or to a trusted 3rd party on here, I don't care. I pay my debts if I lose, that won't be a problem with me paying, I can assure you of that. I know if I bet @motion, I can trust him, as we have had multiple dealings together. Although he never did buy those Ninja 400's for our "OLD GUYS" race team, but I didn't close and get a firm commitment.:D

@Dave Wolfe always threatens to kick my butt, so I would imagine I can trust him, but i wouldn't recognize him. @Dan Dubeau seems trustworthy too, but he is Canadian...:p

The only bettor I've seen welch on here, is someone I figured I could trust, but he likes Marquez too, so I don't have to worry about betting @Robby-Bobby :p:crackup:

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Cant read that without sailing the seas of cheese… I had to explain to a cousin about Winona’s big brown beaver the other day…. Damn kids…

ungwaha, 03RumbleBee and 05Yamabomber like this.
  15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

MM tries to over ride the bike first race next year and crashes ending his career and whoever he takes with him into the gravel trap.....

It could happen

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Great album!

27 likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Yes it could!! If you really think it will, which is quite likely, throw down a bet!!! :D

18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I bet @Boman Forklift is wearing fishnet stockings right now but I dont want to see proof either way!!

From 20'th this yr to third for next year? Nope. But he will be close enough to the pointy end to take out the point leaders every week.

The dudes only been on a honda forever. It'll take him half a season to figure out the duc.

19. Boman Forklift

Throw down some money, instead of throwing down those Crayola Crayon map responses. :)

No fishnets, or panties for me, sir.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    brex and pickled egg like this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Commando?