1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 7 | Sachsenring | Germany | June 15 - 17

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 12, 2023.

1. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

It was a pretty big get off (There is a vid of him getting launched losing the rear). Guy has to be beat up. He fell like 5-6 times this weekend.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Really, his option would be KTM. They’re the only one who could afford him.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Methinks Rossi musta put a voodoo hex (ala Gibernau) on Marquez, but with some extra stank on it.

ShadowBoxer and kirk erlinger like this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

And the marathon sprint he ran to get back to the pits after one of his crashes.....Maybe the Zarco kamikaze incident?

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I think no one "will take him" now for fear of pissing off Honda's lawyers. If Marc has a plan to get out of his contract, I see a lot of minds changing.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That has been the best option for a long time. Redbull should pay for a 3rd bike for him.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Problem is Marc is souring like scotch and milk towards a lot of people and mateschitz is dead. Who is going to pay him €5 million a year much less 15 KK a year!
    Really, if he can actually come back, still has the drive and wants to be out there, stick with Honder.

8. noles19

I think he'll take a pay cut to go to a different team.
    Hea stuck with Honda. Honda has no direction on what to fix or how to fix it.

BigBird and ShadowBoxer like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But I think he leaves, honder quits. Pay out the penalty and spends that money inF1 (enough to cover tips in catering?).

He should have taken the €2 million offer from Suzuki and kept them in motogp. :)

10. noles19

I only see Honda quiting if repsol bails.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You have that exactly backwards.

HPPT, Chino52405 and younglion like this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I thought the race was decent. Martin and Pecco kept it interesting.

Not sure what to think with Marc. I don't think he's done with GP, but he may very well he done with Honda. Maybe he takes Digia's seat?

13. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Yamaha and Honda pulling out, rumors amongst podcasters in the webs.

Circacee likes this.
  14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Wouldn’t be surprised. Don’t think any Japanese manufacturers are happy with rules package in place now. Ducati’s finishing in 8 of the first nine places could be the straw.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m pretty sure if you added the net value of redbull and repsol, it still isn’t worth as much as Honda. They can go home and Honda would still have more money than them.
    That being said, I’m with you. But I say defund the whole HRC branch in Spain including the WSBK team. Take HRC back in house In Japan.

27 likes this.
  16. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

At Mugello, during commentary at one of the practices, I think it was Simon who spoke about how they asked Gigi about Marc and if there would be a ride for him at Ducati. Gigi said he had “heard” Marc would only take a Factory ride and they wouldn’t have one for him.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If he has an option to get out of his contract, there is nothing scary about hiring him. Lawyers are not magicians.

BigBird likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a diplomatic answer. Paolo Ciabatti has said flat out that they don't need him. They have enough young guys capable of winning. Not to mention what he didn't say out loud: Marquez makes more money than all of them combined.

BigBird, ShadowBoxer, bleacht and 2 others like this.
  19. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Every session Ducati is collecting data from 8 bikes, Yamaha 2 and Honda 4. With the rules limiting testing I don’t think Honda or Yamaha can catch up. MotoGP could have a bike problem very soon.

BigBird, scottn, ShadowBoxer and 3 others like this.
  20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I've not been a fan of Marc for a long time (definitely not helped by the way the 2015 season ended), but I honestly don't feel like he's the danger to the grid that others seem to think. I've watched the crash involving Zarco dozens of times now and Marc's only "fault" (if you could call it that) was he lost the front while trail braking into the turn. I also know from endurance racing at Barber that if you're entering from pit out on the outside of a turn you are well served to consider traffic when doing so. Zarco could see a couple of riders under heavy braking as he was approaching the point of no return and there was a clear break after them. The extra 2-3 seconds he would have had to wait at pit out to make sure they cleared the turn successfully wouldn't have cost him anything, and I bet he never makes that same mistake again.

That doesn't mean Zarco was at fault, but it's not quite fair to say he was completely innocent in compounding the severity of the result.

I truly hope HRC rights the ship and I'd like to see Marc return to form. Love him or hate him he was one of the most amazing riders I've ever watched. But at this point I doubt that's going to happen.

BigBird, ShadowBoxer, Blammo and 3 others like this.