1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 10 | Red Bull Ring | Austria | Aug 18 - 20

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Quarterburger got a penalty? Really?
    He was in the middle, and not the initiator..

Such bizarre rulings from the stewards.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

If Maverick had not of come from all the way from the outside like he did after that standard Maverick start, none of that would have happened. His line would have been alright had it been lap 8-9, not lap one when you know there’s going to be someone on the inside. Especially after he had such a shit start. If there’s a main blame to be had, it’s Maverick. In the end , it’s a racing incident and I can’t see how Martin is at fault for either of those incidents he was involved in.

DJ Baker and Quicktoy like this.
  3. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Watching the overhead replay there was no way Martin was making the corner with how tight his line was. If he didn't hit Fabi h would have plowed into the next rider.

gapman789 likes this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
    Dragginass likes this.
  5. gapman789

6. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Fabio’s penalty was from punting Salvdori not the turn 1 lap 1 incident.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

that makes more sense. thanks for clarifying.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

All I see is Vinales

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Moto 3 ! Good race , as always.

HPPT and rd400racer like this.
  10. gapman789

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

No one mentioned it but Bezz's Humpback camera view was very good! (With apologies to the whale...

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Interesting that Julia Marquez now watches the races from the Gresini pits....

Dragginass and Senna like this.
  13. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

It’s the only way he gets to see one of his kids on tv, 10th place on back doesn’t get a lot of mentions or screen time. #hondasucks

BigBird likes this.
  14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Marc packed it in after the French GP. I wouldn’t be surprised about a retirement after next year if HRC doesn’t deliver. Mir might join him.

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Bagnaia in a class of his own this weekend…seems like if he doesn’t crash out he’s going to run away with it.

BigBird, Phl218 and Senna like this.
  16. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Parents only show love to the brother thats winning?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Bit of a snoozer except for the Alex Marquez/Marino/Bez battle. I don't think anyone has enough consistency to beat Pecco over a season.

The KTM is damn good. Acosta is going to give some guys fits in two years. It's also amazing how Jack consistently roasts tires in the first 5 laps and then starts heading backwards.

BigBird and VR45 Troll like this.
  18. gapman789

Has there ever been a worse starter than Vinales in the history of motorcycle racing?

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Christian Sarron.
    Zarco has had his moments as well.

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

no need to respond really just read and learn…

as a racer on my own for many years it was heartwarming to see the level of excitement from all of the Marquez family as from
    Grandparents to newborns packed into the back room of the MarcVDS moto2 garage so they could watch their hero boys in private. They closed the doors and cheered and cried and hugged and it out. I don't even remember where either of them placed but I’ll never forget the support they had behind them.

that was in Austin nearly a decade ago. I was also a guest in that garage and was amazed how many of them come to the races still. Really cool thing to see and appreciate in person.

Phl218, BigBird and YamahaRick like this.