1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 3 | Termas de Río Hondo | Argentina | April 1 - 3

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 28, 2022.

1. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Good point. It's not like the good folks at Michelin gathered in a room before the Mandalika race and said: "Let's come up with a tire that will really screw over Honda but not everybody else"

cav115 and BigBird like this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yamaha and Ducati also experienced issues but not as catastrophic as Honda. Ironic how Pol was so excited after the Qatar round about Honda making a bike that everyone can ride only to get gut punched by reality at the next round. No idea what direction Honda goes from here, especially with the rules about in season bike development that are in place, while I’m still not sold on either the Yamaha or the Ducati being a championship caliber bike.
    Flip a coin.

BigBird likes this.
  3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll necessarily be a big issue for Honda. Sounds like Michelin was trying to be conservative in choosing a tire that would last for a particular racetrack that they didn't have a lot of data on. That doesn't mean that Honda is screwed for the season.

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How about accepting the fact that Marquez just exceeded the limit of his equipment. That is on him, not Honda or Michelin. He may not have realized that the competition has gotten faster and he is no longer racing against Dovi, Rossi or earlier versions of Fabio or Mir. As I was watching him crash, it looked like he was simply pushing too hard to get a good time and didn't accept the limits. Sometimes you just don't have pole setting equipment and need to settle for the best you can get. I think the issue is in his head.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So weird people blaming everyone but Marc Marquez for the things happening to Marc Marquez.

Mir needs to pull his thumb out and get to it.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well yeah. For sure he exceeded the limits of the Honda. This in itself doesn’t equate to it simply being all MM fault. Every racer on track is at their respective limits either from their own ability or from their equipment/conditions or combination of each. The question is, are the limits of the Honda remarkably lower than prior years/prior bikes OR have the other manufactures/riders greatly improved at a greater rate? I would suspect it’s more of the other manufactures increasing their development at a greater rate than Honda has been able to.

The entire challenge for Honda is to develop a bike that provides and allows MM a higher ceiling towards his own individual riding limits. In other words - it’s the bike that is holding MM back - not the other way around. It’s squarely on Honda as they’ve underdelivered on bike development. Honda has failed MM. MM hasn’t failed Honda.

BigBird likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Rins-ny Dangerfield gets no respect

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Or, maybe they delivered exactly what he has been asking for. And now he can't ride it because he isn't that rider anymore.

mike574 and G 97 like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

The good racers always know, it’s always the bikes fault. :D

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks like they tried to make the bike for the plebs and not the lone alien left

11. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Or maybe that alien just had his visa denied.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Bitch slapping peeps and
    5EFE1392-731F-4746-9948-743737D69337.jpeg

13. stk0308

Well, there is that too. :)

14. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

15. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

stk0308 likes this.
  16. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

I think its all down to health issues keeping the guy down Arm and more seriously Neurological. Past skills cannot overcome the physical and neurological deficiencies created through repeated injuries. The guy needs to stop punishing himself before he is done off the track. Nerve damage is very slow to recover and almost never complete.

G 97 likes this.
  17. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

oops. Guess getting tons and tons of equipment from SE Asia to South America could present some challenges...who whoulda thunk it

EDIT: Taka out...got the 'vid

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  19. stk0308

I saw a post somewhere that Ducati's stuff is stuck somewhere in eastern Africa????

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.