1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 2 | Mandalika | Indonesia | March 18-20

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hey, can we talk about how Vinales is crushing it on the Priller? :bow: Is there a pool yet on when he pegs it and blows it up?

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  2. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I asked on another forum: How long 'till the meltdown?

3. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

02-03 and I believe they were pilot power series and that was about the gist of it. Going into T1 3rd gear on my GSXR750 the front end let loose. I never saw a end over end like that before.. so many times the battery came out the frame:eek:

4. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I thought I thought you were closer to my time frame. 1983 to 1993. Hi-sports were almost like slick level traction, but no feel and no warning. When you have time in mid air there to think about how much the landing is going to hurt, You know you've achieved some altitude.

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

He popped into my head after the race and I had to check the results because his name just never came up once. Qualifying either.

6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

It's all Yamaha's fault...I mean Aprilia's fault....I mean Michelin's fault... That guy has been a whiner since he was in 125's. Kind of a shame, as he certainly has some exceptional skills, but his brain is weak.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

you forgot the Dunlop rubber after a Moto2 race as one of his reasons for doing poorly

Chino52405 likes this.
  8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm blaming it all on Paris Hilton. She's clearly the one who messed up his head.

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Little head or big head?

10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Why not both?

11. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Shenanigans and Phl218 like this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

McGuiness isn't wrong but is barking at the wrong tree or just piling on the Puig hatred.

To be fair,

1 - It's Puig's responsibility and onus to manage the team and get the best results.
    2 - But in the media briefing up to now, he seemed to be giving Marquez's health its due priority. Evidently, we don't know what is happening behind the doors.
    3 - It would be his personal manager's job to protect his rider, not Puig.

BigBird likes this.
  14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah I think he’s off base a bit with that. Puig is an asshole I’m sure, but I highly doubt he’s indifferent to Marc getting permanently injured. If Marc retires, he’ll deal, and if Marc and his doctors decide he should continue riding Puig will give him the bike to do it. If I had to guess, Puig is probably more “make a decision quickly” than “come back now your health be damned.”

I can say with a high degree of confidence that Pol Espargaro will probably get the boot now if Marc sticks around past this year. I like Pol and think he’s a great rider who deserves to be at Repsol Honda, but as a no. 2.

Honda has to hedge their bets now and get someone who can take over as lead rider immediately should Marc suddenly depart. They’ll definitely make a serious play for Quartararo or Mir. I’d rather poach Mir as he seems to be a cooler head who could handle the Repsol Honda pressure and intrigue better than QBall.

Maybe one of the Ducati boys would be a good target too. Jorge Martin could certainly do good work on that Honda right away.

Marc is a tough SOB and will probably try to make a comeback. This is the phase of his career where the injuries pile on top of injuries though. I think he’ll be forced to retire by his health by the end of 2023, maybe even partway into the season.

I’d love to see Marc return to his performances of 2019, but I don’t think he’s physically capable of taking the hits anymore and never will be again. All those years of finding the limits by somersaulting across the pavement and berming dudes have caught up.

ShadowBoxer and Yzasserina like this.
  15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There was a part in the Unlimited series where he said that he could ride a certain way and win and now everyone is very fast all the time. I think he was a bit shocked at how everyone had upped their game in the year he missed and he realised it wasn't going to get any easier.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I forgot one item in my post that I meant to write up about Marquez.

He may now have collected a healthy dose of FOB.

FOB as is Fear of Bike....

17. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I understand how competitive Marquez is but I would hate to see a young man of 29 go through the rest of his life with double vision or at the worst case be blind.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

That was Emilio Alzamora at one time. Is it still?

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I believe you are correct sir.