1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 1 | Losail | Qatar | March 26-28

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

ive said it before and I’ll say it again, I never gave it two shits until being in the paddock at Indy and seeing first hand how he was treated.

firsthand like standing there. Not that I heard it from someone else. Not that I read about it. Not that herrin told me.

I was standing right fucking there and that was enough for me to form MY OPINION.

jksoft, Steady T, YamahaRick and 2 others like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Qatar.jpg

BigBird likes this.
  3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

If you were standing right there then I’m sure you and I talked since I was in the garage too

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ya but you’re just a hot umbrella chick.

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Could that explain the missing 3 ft screwdrivers

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

im not sure, and I honestly have no clue what you look like or who you are.

Again, I’m only giving you my account of what I saw and heard with my eyes and ears.

Im not going to tell you what you saw or heard.

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I ordered the pass for the first time this year.. never been a real fan of MotoGP but I wanted to follow Cam B and Joe R this year.

Holy shit man, it’s so well put together. MotoGP is definitely the top of the game for a reason. Lean angle, speed, sectors, predictions.. crazy!

Now, a question. I noticed that Moto 2 bikes are running Kalex chassis and (correct me if I’m wrong), Triumph 765 motors? If so, how is it that KTM has a team? What, if anything, is KTM on their moto 2 setup?

Again, newb here. I guess I don’t understand the difference between chassis and manufacturers. Anyone care to dumb it down for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBird likes this.
  8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Moto2: Spec engines on a strict maintenance schedule so you get the same thing every time. Chassis are free: Suter, Kalex, SpeedUp, MV Agusta, NTS, and KTM. KTM used to have their own chassis, but they withdrew their chassis program for 2020 as the 2019 chassis sucked. Each chassis has their own strengths and weaknesses, but it's pretty much "do as you please with this motor and this fuel quantity." KTM decided to focus on Moto3 and MotoGP because they couldn't get their Moto2 Chassis sorted. Ironically, just as KTM pulled the plug on the Moto2 project in 2019 the chassis woke up, and Brad Binder almost won the Moto2 title that year.

Moto3 is Honda, KTM, Husqvarna and GasGas (last two likely rebadged KTM like the dirt bikes?). Honda has the under seat pipes and KTM has side pipes. That's a spec engine config (single cylinder 250cc) and custom chassis, with tuning for each rider. Trying to keep it simple for the lower classes.

jd41, Circacee, Quicktoy and 3 others like this.
  9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Over heard a guy in a bar telling people that Moto 3 was 250 twin , acting like a know it all . I piped up that they were 250 singles and goes that’s impossible because it has two exhaust pipes coming out of the motor . I go yeah , it’s a single with two exhaust headers .. “ that’s impossible “ he goes .. I gave up :rolleyes:

BigBird likes this.
  10. Quicktoy

When it switched over I was telling people for awhile they were 450s :/. I’m sorry. Lol

They are getting like the same HP I got out of my old RS250 to be fair. And somehow Chuck Sorensen was getting like 2.5 times out of his RS250 than I was lol.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  11. Quicktoy

Woooooooo. Watching warm up and it is windy. This will be a factor in all races today. simon was comparing it to a Phillip Island Heavy windy day.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. For the $170 it should be well put together. I have no problem paying the money, I just airplay to my tv from the iPad and picture is great.

Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Except replace seagulls with sand.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  14. Might have something to do with a kit parts?

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

No. It has everything to do with kit parts lol.

16. Quicktoy

Joe to P1 at end of session.

Cam P7

turbulence, BHP41 and Yzasserina like this.
  17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

That was a good lap right at the end. Bring on the race! I’m ready for GP but really looking forward to M2 this year

turbulence, Quicktoy and Yzasserina like this.
  18. Quicktoy

Where is everyone. Quiet in here on race day.

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

IMO opinion Cam is a better racer than qualifier, so it'll be interesting to see how many positions he can move up. A top 10 would be a good result first time out. He was quick in warm up in difficult conditions.

Quicktoy and henry_carlson like this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just got back from my morning walk, I'm here now, all is well. :D

Quicktoy likes this.