1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 2 | Spain | Jerez | July 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I thought all but Nakagami’s

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Uh....VR46 has had his nickname, The Doctor, on his leathers since he became a WERA Expert. So no need to change his name to something else. I'm sure he sold way more merchandise with "The Doctor" than "The Master"

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

This

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

What’s more annoying than a Uccio? An anti-Uccio. :D

Skter505, R1M370 and motoboy like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The team's mission was to develop young talents for Yamaha. And obviously, they do have an eye for talent.
    Marc Marquez went back to the 2019 chassis.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  7. Quicktoy

I missed that he was on the old chassis. So Alex and Cal on the 2020?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know that for sure.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think Cal was running the '19 frame. I thought I read it over at crash

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

What’s the main variance in frames? Stiffness? And if the 2020 frame the more flex one?
    Too lazy to google.

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Just to add to that story, Quartataro broke the Valencia? Moto3 lap record when he was still in the CEV Repsol championship and wasn't even old enough to ride in GP's. That's when he got on the "map" and I thought he was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think there was a lot of interest around him then and he kinda didn't live up to the hype. Amazing what a few years does.

Anybody know who his mentor is? Or does he have one?

cav115 likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

Who would have thought that Taka would be the first Honda across the line at any point this year. What a strange year.

13. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I just watched the parc ferme interviews. It reminded me of the Daytona 200 that Michael Barnes won a few years ago. The old codgers are sitting there talking barely out of breath and the young guns are gassed. I remember the young gun Wyatt Farris (super fit granola eater) almost passing out on the podium while Branie (one pack a day) looked like he was out for a Sunday stroll. Can never bet against old age and treachery.

14. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Perhaps he'll be a Ryan Villapoto/Ryan Dungey type character in the premier class. Neither one of the two Ryans had particularly stellar amateur M/X tenures, but really shined when the pressures and expectations were at the highest. FQ is a great story for 202 and I do hope he keeps up his high level. And VR showing a return of the fire is also a welcome sight. What a great season this could be for MotoGP if those two were to have an epic title campaign.

motion likes this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You know what always being in the hunt gets you? Retired without a championship. Dovi is just another Pedrosa. Just for reference and for fun, I looked back to 2001. Since 2001, the gp champion of each year has finished outside the top 5 a total of 14 times (when they actually finished the race). This does include being penalized or crashing and getting back up as well such as when Marc got knocked way down the order for missing the pit window in the flag to flag at Phillip Island a few years ago. 14 times in 19 years... "bUt ThE bIkE dOeSn'T wErK gUd HeEr." That sucks bro. You'll be never champion if you can't overcome that. Not being able to break the top 5 when a third of the field DNFs isn't gonna cut it. And if the track is the reason he wasn't competitive, then how did the Pramac boys go so well?

And if you honestly think AM got signed for any other reason other than to ensure Marc sticks around, you are incredibly naive. I don't actually believe this. I think you just like to argue.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

OK, now you're just being stupid for the sake of the argument. Let us know who on the grid has beat Marc head to head multiple to times and come back to us. Pedrosa was never half the racer Dovi is.

I tell you what, if Dovi sucks I guess the rest of the MotoGP grid is worthless as well. They haven't done anything close to what Dovi has.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Novice SV racer with zero championships and cannot bench press his own weight signs deal to take over as Ducati team manager. Fires Dovi for only being good enough for 2nd.

Also gets side job at HRC and fires double world champion rookie because he can’t be as good as his brother.

more at 10. Back to you Carl.

MachineR1, sdiver and 418 like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dovizioso hasn't complained about the bike I know of. He has said that he doesn't get along with that track.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

This is going to sound rather simplistic but you're correct with regards to AM. He’s only going to get better with more seat time. I’m sure MM will also help him make the transition etc. I’m not sure what expectations people had but IMO he’s probably right where I would expect after the first two weekends. As long as he shows improvement he’ll be OK. Honda is Honda, they’ll figure it out.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

A sample data of two weekends at one track and Dovi is now a POS motoGP racer.
    Something about bench pressing and holding up all the other riders. :D

Tj Hunter and 418 like this.