1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 2 | Spain | Jerez | July 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

In a earlier thread, Garth said it was Rossi in 2001.

:D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Grand_Prix_motorcycle_racing_season

Look under participants and Rossi is not listed with the Repsol Honda riders.

turbulence and Sweatypants like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A trash bag? A Trash bag whore? 6th in points , 3 behind Pol Asparagus?

track wagon and Slider82 like this.
  3. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

He should have just berm-passed Rossi, the old man was a rolling roadblock.

Shocker and henry_carlson like this.
  4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Unfortunately he is going to make some imaginary slight in his personality and will be hated by half the beeb come mid season :D

Blammo and henry_carlson like this.
  5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Just what I have seen over the years.. the Yamaha struggles at horsepower tracks. This track its suits for the Yamaha. I mean its not rocket science some bikes work better at certain tracks... also they said many times its his favorite track... all I am saying is I like the dude... but last year there was weekends he didn't do very well. Then other weekends he was breaking the track record. He is very up and down so far.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Senna and BigBird like this.
  6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I explained in my post please read again. He doesn't bring it on race day. He got lucky today. Once last year he showed up at PI? Other than that what? Also Rossi is 41 and shouldnt be beating these guys. So it makes Rossi a testament to how much he still has in the tank after 25 YEARS!!!!!

MV is suppose to be so great and shows it during practice and Qualifying.. then lays as egg. Then the announcers even say....O full tank of fuel....then they said I just cant get my head around what happen to him today. I have heard that statement a millions times!! No he just sucks on race day!!

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Already done. He’s French. :D

8. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

No need to reread your post. You think Rossi beat the guy who finished in front of him. He didn't. Rossi didn't do much other than hold up a lot of faster riders because they didn't want to be the one to punt the turtle out of the way. I understand the sentiment but it would have been a much better race if they remembered they were there to race and not do parade laps for the geriatric rider's farewell tour.

track wagon likes this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

What a gong show. Bummer for Franco, and Pecco. Mechanical is a tough pill to swallow at that level, especially when your in the podium hunt.

Great ride by Fabio even though it's diminished according to spooge......

10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

The more I watch Q, even his body position and language looks vintage Lorenzo on that bike, not a coincidence.

crazymofo likes this.
  11. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

tha fuck?

what race were you watching?

KneeDragger_c69, scottn, GNC and 4 others like this.
  12. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

If anyone has link to the race please posted it up.

G 97 likes this.
  13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He was watching the same race, he just has a very small understanding of how racing works...

sdiver, scottn, BigBird and 6 others like this.
  14. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Without getting dungeony, according to the media of socials, it looked like he spent his covid vacation holding up signs and walking in crowds rather than training. Maybe that had nothing to do with his results, maybe it did....

track wagon and GarrettRick like this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Maybe he's just good at Qatar and sucks at Jerez....

Let's see about Brno.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Mavs Vins second place finish was well deserved. He kept on it and fought back late. One of the hardest 2nd place rides I've seen. Showed a lot of fortitude. He earned it the hard way. Very impressive.

Like others have previously stated, what race were some of you watching.

KneeDragger_c69 and turbulence like this.
  17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I just feel like he under achieves way to much. So much potential and then blah on race day... Maybe I am just mad because I thought with the hard front tire he would be giving Q hell the whole race and they would be swapping back and forth. Then he did that and at one point was in 5th then 2 guys DNF and he got by Rossi which took him forever!!!! He was the faster rider but his race craft sucks and he couldn't find a way pass for 10 plus laps. From what I can see he needs to figure out how to be more comfortable on the front tire. He didn't have shit for Rossi in the brake areas and all of his mistakes were on the front tire trying to over take other riders. I guess from how the whole weekend went up until the race, I thought he may get out front and go and Q would be in chase..... Not the case at all.

The Great One and G 97 like this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Possibly but Rossi was riding good and always is hard to pass on the brakes. I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He rode extremely well today and I don't think anyone gave him any leeway.

The Great One, turbulence and Shocker like this.
  19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Rossi is the third best racer in the world today. He has the trophy and everything. The other riders finished where they finished.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I don't necessarily disagree. But he Q 2nd and finished race 2nd so no underperforming today.

Also don't let @MELK-MAN know about the suspect front tires. ;)

LOL

Phl218 and track wagon like this.