1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 14 | Portugal | Portimao | Nov 20-22

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 16, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yep I think only Aprilia has concessions? Where is Joe? Been a busy couple days here...

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/153744/roberts-explains-decision-to-turn-down-aprilia :)

BigBird likes this.
  4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Did not sign with them. They're keeping the same riders from this year, including Smith. Whoever goes faster during testing will get to race. The other will remain the test rider.

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm glad to hear that, as much as I would have loved to root for Joe in MotoGP next year. Terrific outfit he has aligned himself with.

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

It will be nice to know he is on a winning machine and has a good chance every race to win. :flag:

Yzasserina likes this.
  7. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

What's with all the noobs making the jump to the premier class expecting offers from top 3 teams?

90% of riders do time on satellite teams transitioning from Moto2, learn the pace and the opposition, and then get the nod from a factory team when space is available. Unless there's something he's holding back, turning down a factory ride after a 7th place finish in Moto2 doesn't seem wise?

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

That second seat at Aprilia has some seriously bad juju attached to it. Just look at what it did to Sam Lowes and Scott Redding. The only way I would have been comfortable with Joe making that leap is if he got a rock solid 2 year deal with a guarantee of equal equipment to Aleix. I doubt Aprilia's offer included either of those conditions.

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

And you forgot lots of $$$$$

~sent from mobile

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Seiko likes this.
  11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

BigBird likes this.