1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 10 | Spain | Aragon | Oct 16-18

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Tony Arbolino is being forced to sit out of the race this weekend due to someone on his flight testing positive for covid, even though he has tested negative. Looks like he going to be out of the running for the Moto3 championship after two straight second place finishes.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, that really stinks. You would think most any flight with a few hundred people will have at least 1 Covid positive person.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Pretty incredible that MM93/JL99 records from 2015 are still standing......with these temps I don't see either having a chance of falling this year, either.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That was the year MM tossed it away in T12 early chasing down Jorge, and the race ended in an epic battle between Dani and Vale for second (won by Dani). One of the all time great races.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Bridgestones

Knotcher and NemesisR6 like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hope to hell this was a private flight of ten people with none of the bullshit avoidance measures being in place, otherwise it's moronic.

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure he was, kind of my point that it's moronic :D

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Might be moronic from a certain point of view, but if MotoGP doesn't convince the governments in the countries where it operates that it is following agreed on protocols that allow them to operate in those countries, then MotoGP won't be operating. If you are saying it was moronic of MotoGP to agree to those protocols, their alternative was most likely not to have a season. Actually the biggest infection risk for flying isn't when you are on the plane, it is the lines and waiting areas at the airport. The protocol might be something as generic as sharing transportation with anyone that is Covid positive, then no event participation for you for X days even if you test negative. This checks that box, so he is out. Just guessing, but wouldn't be surprised if it is something like that.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not saying specifically who is being moronic. I get why the FIM has to play the game, same as we do at tracks that want way beyond what the local government is requiring.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

13. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was wondering why he made that gesture with his eyes. I’m like did he just go full racist on the Japanese teams?

OGs750 and Shocker like this.
  15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Isn't that what Marquez did with his championship shirt?

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Boman Forklift and Quicktoy like this.
  19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

20. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I got one of them BNGs pulling this off and more on down the road.

It literally has become the bike to have across the board. Balance!