1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 1 (2) | Spain | Jerez | July 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I think this is going to be a very strange season. With the back to back races, one injury is going to decimate a riders championship hopes. I think you'll have guys going for the "attrition" method, and you'l have guys going balls to the walls to get podium spots. Especially if injuries have riders sitting out.

I really don't care who does what at this point. I'm just excited for racing.

i'm also more excited for WSBK this year than I have been for a while. Round 1 was a bloodbath. I want more of that shit.

2. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

No shit?

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

lmao... I meant from a rider approach viewpoint. I don't think the riders will be attacking the weekends in the same manner as they would a regular season. I think you'll have people going for gold and people playing it safe to hopefully bank on others misfortune.

Its obviously already been a strange season.

scottn likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I actually reported this post. My reasoning was solid....Rossi is a GOAT.

Guess they don't see it from that angle:crackup:

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Is it 3 weeks from now yet?!?!?

6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I agree. Big Quatararo fan here, but I think his teammate continues to come on strong. I got Morbidelli finishing 5th

So...
    1. Quatararo
    2. Marquez
    3. Vinales
    4. Edit: Rins since Dovi is getting surgery
    5. Morbidelli

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  7. Quicktoy

1) Marc
    2) Fabio
    3) Alex

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

9. Quicktoy

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

why is he a goat? :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He eats tin cans.

Robin172 likes this.
  12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

is tin the 5th place medal? Gold, silver, bronze, aluminum, tin? :D

Razr, Quicktoy and SGVRider like this.
  13. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

He hates these cans!

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

LMAO. All this time I always wondered if you actually hit the “report” button. Thanks for keeping it real!

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  15. SGVRider

They don’t bother with metal for 5th. It’s just some kind of pressed grass starvation cake thing. So definitely something a GOAT would eat.

16. SGVRider

Sabbatical. Come on, Dovi. Once out of MotoGP, you’s out forever. Except if you’re Bradley Smith and have 9 lives. If he isn’t going to sign with Ducati he’s going to call it a career.

Sign Lorenzo? I dunno. Lorenzo went good on that bike at the end but is a big ass risk and comes with his own problems. Gigi is apparently his only real patron there as well. Why go into a situation where only 1 guy really wants you anyway? Lack of political commitment at all levels just means you’ll be sabotaged in all kinds of subtle ways. Why unretire for that?

In my mind, it’d be a lot better to take a 1 year flyer on a hot Moto2 guy. Moving up Pecco is a non-starter. Is there anyone in Moto2 that could do justice to that seat though?

Fuck Zarco. He’s talented enough for the seat but needs to earn his way back and show that he can ride a Ducati without becoming an emo headcase. If he can put that piece of Avintia places where it has no business being, sure. Sign him to a 1 year deal structured as 95% bonus money and 5% guaranteed.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  17. SGVRider

Ridiculously optimistic hope. Not sure if it’s smokeable, but it might come as a potpourri or a candle.

I just want someone to really make Marc work.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Baldassarri or Bastianini. Both have been hot the past 2 years, young, and could be gotten on the cheap without too much risk if they flop. If they did, pick up Mir or Oliveira on the rebound.

19. Quicktoy

If his shoulder is healed, only Marc can do that to himself right now. Everyone else has brilliance here or there or in qualifying or at the end of the race. He is brilliant everywhere.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Absolutely they could bring him back. Him and miller on the factory bikes and the younger guys on the premac factory bikes, Miller is fast but hadn't been consistent so I doubt they put him and Martin together this soon so Lorenzo makes sense.