1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 6 | Italy | Mugello| May 31 - June 2

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 27, 2019.

1. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

ive rooted for Petrucci for a long time, could have sworn he won a wet race a few years ago tho? the 9 different winner season. really happy for him, thought it was cool that he thanked dovi the most for his performance.

im really becoming a Rins fan tho. this reminded me of the stoner / rossi 800cc year, rossi would fight fight thru the lap and stoner would blow to the doors off on the straights. Rins with more HP would have won this race.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Be honest, you posted this just for @dsapsis. :D

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Amazing job by Petrux. He beat Dovi and Marc straight up in a last lap battle. If he keeps putting in solid work he he will get that second year at Ducati for sure.

This is a true Cinderella story. Dude comes up through European Superstock of all things to a fucktard CRT bike, works his way up to factory Ducati and wins Mugello against Goatboy 2. You couldn’t write a better script.

Rins was a fucking animal. If that Suzuki had more motor I think he’d have fucked off into the distance by at least a second. He’s only getting his doors blown off and not being left for dead on the straights like last season, so good on Hamamatsu. I really hope they put in some real money, it looks like with a better motor Rins is going to be right up there with Marc and Dovi consistently.

Yamaha is in the same position Ducati was circa 2011-2016, nowhere’s ville spinning their wheels. Ducati turned the team and bike upside down to get where they are today, not sure if Yamaha is willing to do the same. IMO, Yamaha won’t appreciably improve before Rossi says fuck it and throws in the towel. Shame things turned out like this in his twilight.

Dragginass, scottn, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Did anybody understand the joke Danillo had for the announcer during the presser? That one he 'didn't expect'....

Listened to it a few times and can't make it out.

And totally unrelated: Is it just me? it seemed that Dovi had way more motor than Danillo on the straight, beyond what drafting provides...

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That last lap mugging was spectacular. Dovi was the ham in a ham sandwich. :eek:

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Liverpool beat Tottenham for Champions League final in soccer.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Ah! Futbol speak! Thank you!

No wonder I couldn't make heads or tails from that...

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

What’s the weight difference in the two?

9. 11 kg. Significant.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think it would be a bolonga sandwich no? :) He jammed it in there dry and hard too. Great move. Hopefully that's a great confidence builder for him and he's up front like that all year.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Capocollo-Serrano...

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That was a great race. Super happy for Petrucci as he is a guy that genuinely seems to enjoy being there. He rode that last lap like a qualifier knowing if Marc got close enough he would try a dive bomb move.

BigBird likes this.
  13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've rarely been happier to be right. Was like watching a moto3 race for quite a few laps.

When they were 3-wide in turn one on the last lap I thought Dovi was going to lost it, but thank god he kept it upright and avoided contact. MM and Petrux gave him no quarter.

People rail on Petrux for how emotional he can be, but damn if I didn't get a little choked up seeing him on the parade lap, clearly in tears. Dude is quite literally one of the nicest guys on the grid and came from NOTHING compared to the recent trend of lab-raised wunderkinds.

Love this photo.....reminds me a lot of our Nicky when he got that first win at Laguna....

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByPSgjYo5zb/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think that Photo is awesome! Very rarely do you see the raw emotion of a racer. He's definitely not a robot.

Go Petrux!

Banditracer likes this.
  15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

All the racing I watched yesterday was awesome.
    MotoGP was a constant battle of the top 4 and then 3 on the final lap. Glad to see Petrux on the top step. He deserves it after having sniffed it a few times already.
    AFT singles and twins were both great. Shayna and Rush were swapping positions up front the whole race and Robby Bobby's boy was right in the mix before it looked like his rear tire went away with 5 to go and he missed the podium by inches at the line. The twins race was epic with Briar Bauman running the high line and putting outside passes on Jared Mees. Those two battled all the way to the line. Would have been cool to see Roger Hayden make the main on J.D.'s bike. He just missed out in his semi by one spot.
    Then the MotoAmerica Superbike race didn't disappoint. Great run by Herrin and good job by Cam keeping the pressure on the Suzuki boys.

16. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

So does Petrux keep his job or is Miller still in line for the seat?

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That;s actually a really good question. Considering Ducati already decided to drop Jorge before Mugello last year it makes me wonder if they learned their lesson.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I’m thinking Petrux will be on the Duc next year.

BHP41 and BigBird like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

And Miller is on a current gen 19 bike, so it's not like he doesn't have the updated wizardry, and Burt is known to work with all the teams in the Ducati World Racing, at least MGP and WSBK.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This said they were making a decision in June. Petrucci is peaking at the right time.

Yzasserina likes this.