1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 1 | Qatar | Mar 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2019.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

did bein talk about the hole shot device ? i was watching bt sport

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Honda clearly didn't have enough different seats for Lorenzo

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ducati cheat to win? No way!

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Aprillia and KTM complained too? You should have to be close enough in the race that your riders can actually SEE the offending bikes.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

He was distracted by checking his Instagram on the dash display.

8. This, a million times.

9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

What a bunch of babies, this is motogp, not a spec class.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Between the two manufacturers they had 4 bikes in the points. A couple successful protests and both teams have their best ever GP weekend.

Protesting sucks but so does cheating.

pscook and BigBird like this.
  11. You really think about stuff like that a lot, don't you? NTTAWWT.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's not cheating. The "aero" area's are clearly defined in the rule book. This is mounted to the swingarm, so doesn't fall under the aero rules. It's not WHAT you read in the rule book, it's what you DON'T read. Ducati are very good at this. Everybody else just cries foul, then tries to copy them, then tries to get it all banned when they can't use it to their advantage. Part of me thinks Gigi is doing this to try and find advantages, and part of me thinks he's trolling the shit out of everybody getting them to waste resources. Ducati's just hired some kid with a 3d printer to put these wings everywhere. lol

13. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Also shame on MotoGp if they let them run these aero bits in practice and then make them illegal in the race. I also do not think Ducati had any major advantage, Honda and Suzuki were up there the entire race, Petrucci fell back as well. I could see if they went on to win by 10 seconds.

turbulence likes this.
  14. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

i think the more important quote was the first sentence out his mouth.

"i dont mean to be rude, but."

cal, rude? never.

15. pfhenry

I liked them lighting up the rear... great race for manufacturers business wise too... the better the scrap, the better the bike sale spread (kinda aprilia needs to pull a Kawasaki)((oh wait they suck in wsbk too))

ajcjr likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Great to see a Japanese Rider on a Honda Win it!
    F**k Feantti, but I do like the way they implemented the penalty that wasn't

thrak410 likes this.
  17. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up about this. It sure beats taking my laptop and hooking it up to my TV with a HDMI cable. :clap:

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. pfhenry

F&*^ fenati he earned that demotion to moto3(i fully support sam lowes return to moto2 btw)
    he should have gotten a dash text, "race direction is on to you again, show severe remorse and go to last place"(do not pass go do not collect 200)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  19. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Rossi suffering from dementia and Alzheimers again by being 0.6s from the race winner and the top Yamaha.
    He really should just fucking retire at this point.

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

As long as he enjoys finishing in 5th place no need to retire.