1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Twins - Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenhound386, May 25, 2018.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

So, who is confirmed for the Twins class at Laguna Seca in June? There's a lot of Laguna-specific discussion in the VIR thread, and it looks like we might have a good turnout! I'd love to have 20+ bikes on that grid. I'll be there on an FZ-07R.

Anyone have any idea what the schedule is going to look like with respect to WSBK? From the previous schedules that I have seen, track time is pretty limited for the Twins class. I'm making an educated guess that it won't be any different at Laguna, and the WSBK grid will probably take precedence, haha.

Personally, I have only been to Laguna once, and it was about 2 years ago. I primarily rode a stock FZ-07 demo bike (photo attached for attention), but that's a massive departure from the 'R' version. In a very strange coincidence, the demo bike pictured was sold, built into an FZ-07R, and then sold to my buddy who is letting me race it in June. Crazy.

Anyway, let's start a headcount. Who's definitely in?

Attached Files:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are they doing the Twins at Laguna? Serious question - I forget where the schedule is that shows the different classes running at each round. I figured they wouldn't have time with WSB. WSB will absolutely take precedence, it's their event and MA is helping them out essentially.

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Yep. They're at Laguna. I know Parrish will be there and there are a couple of Florida CCSers that are making the trip. Kris Turner is signed up too. The crazy guy from Reno might be fielding a bike. @dsapsis ???

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool, neat track.

5. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

RBOM crew going?

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

RiderzLaw Racing will be fielding an entrant on a '17 SV650, Fabian Morales.

t11ravis and regularguy like this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If you drive all the crap out there.. I'll fly out and meet you.

No Brakes and t11ravis like this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not sure and el jefe is in the motherland (Arlene and I joining tomorrow). My bike is in Texas and has carbs dammit.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Yep, the Beth and me will be there, living the van life!

10. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Awesome. It's looking like a good grid already.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep the layout is neat but it is a greasy low grip place especially when it gets hot! Plan accordingly

12. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

If any East Coast Racers headed to Laguna have room to transport a motorcycle and want to offset their travel cost I have one that needs to get from NC to CA that I'd pay you to transport for me. I will bring the bike to you.

Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Kills me to miss this one.
    Really wanted to see WSBK up close.

cajun636 likes this.
  14. swetngblts

swetngblts Well-Known Member

Im in! Never rode a lap at Laguna or been there.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Funny how Laguna has the great reputation, but I would say Sears Point/Infinion/Sonoma is a more interesting track to ride.

Do you have the money to come out and do a track day first, or fly out and rent a bike?

Tyler's first and really only AMA season the only track he raced at before we showed up to race was Miller. It isn't easy to do that, unless you have had some good coaching, which YCRS provided.

Have fun, I remember my first time dropping into the corkscrew in 89 or 90, pretty cool.

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, I'd rather ride at Sears than Laguna any day. Corkscrew is cool the first couple times, T1 is far more scary, especially on a liter bike.

17. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

racing at Laguna without prior knowledge shouldn't be too bad. the track isnt very difficult to learn and little mistakes don't punish the lap time too much.

a pro practice is def the best time to learn the track anyways. everyone u will try to follow will actually know the fast markers and lines. you'll be on new tires. and theres no slow-ass trackday traffic getting in the way. it doesn't get much better than that for learning a track.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

In the twins class, some of the podium guys are only throwing on a new set for the one race.

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I have two Keigwins days that I didn't use- if anyone wants to head to Laguna for a track day I'll sell them at a significant discount.

I was hoping to make Laguna part of my MA Twins adventure but I don't think I'll be able to put it together for this year after all.

t11ravis likes this.
  20. swetngblts

swetngblts Well-Known Member

You’re not the first to say that. I’m local, I could do a track day but busy doing AFM, a couple WERA rounds and other commitments. Gonna wing it. Plan on doing Miller and Sears as well. Have done Miller in 2007ish with WERA and Freddie Spencer’s school there.

Last edited: May 26, 2018