1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Not a fan of the looks of Cam B's BMW....looks like a bloated whale compared to Gagne's bike. The paint isn't doing it any favors.

2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon...its better than his brothers orange cat sickle bike :D

3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

God those are awful. I never pretend to have any type of decorative or fashion sense, but jesus - pale orange and cream/white? Yuck.

G Dawg, 418 and Circacee like this.
  4. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

:crackup::crackup:

Yep

5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I was always more of an Eslick than Herrin fan from their Daytona Sportbike days, but I can't help but love and admire this dude giving his absolute all on the track. He reminds me a bit of Johnny Rea in that he's relentless and will not give up no matter what. That being said, I can't help but shout loud enough to him 'STOP READING THE COMMENTS' - he just lets things get to him too much and feels the need to spout off and defend himself when it isn't really necessary.

His latest post/story explaining what happened in race2 was great. Part of the reason I like him is because I KNEW we'd get to hear his side from the horse's mouth on the incident - and it was great insight. He'd just be so much better off if he had thicker skin. I assume he'll get there as he ages. We all tend to give less of a shit of what other people think as we get old.

cbush and badmoon692008 like this.
  6. Used2befast

I had an old 72 Suzuki 350 that was orange. It was ugly but that 2 stroke ran pretty good.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Yea but the proverbial orange "cat" is out of the bag now and who was on the top of the box?

upload_2023-4-25_16-29-40.png upload_2023-4-25_16-30-0.png

I had an orange RD350 for a while. It matches the color of the MOAB bombs they used in Afghanistan. But I'm under the impression that the orange RDs killed more people than that bomb. :)

upload_2023-4-25_16-28-46.png

8. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Have you ever heard of Shell Thuett ?

9. Used2befast

Suzuki named it the T350 Rebel but it was only 315cc. Pretty hideous but she went like greased stink. At least I thought so.
    Screenshot_20230425_175931.jpg

grasshopper likes this.
  10. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

I had an orange RD350 for a while. It matches the color of the MOAB bombs they used in Afghanistan. But I'm under the impression that the orange RDs killed more people than that bomb. :)

View attachment 208494 [/QUOTE]

HA, I had 2 '75 RD's, thank god i'm still alive!

grasshopper likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Gentlemen ... the official color was Portuguese Orange. 1975; MSRP was $995.00.

The one I have has about 1000 miles on it and is perfectly stock, down to the tires.

[​IMG]

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Look.. you can have orange and you can have white and you can have that weird green color on Kalebs bike if you want it for whatever reason. But the way they put them all together is the ugliest race bike I think I've ever seen.

redtailracing likes this.
  13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Kayla wasnt very good on the broadcast imo. dont really blame her much as I highly doubt they gave her any prep or training and she is supposed to be racing. she talked over her partners, droned on for too long, and repeated herself a ton. she is hella cool and calm on the mic tho and there wernt too many ums or uhhhs that drive me up a wall. I love that they, MA, give some injured riders a chance to do comms. I remember they did the same for Kaleb when he was out injured and Jackson Blackmon too iirc.

Angelle Sampey was TERRIBLE, shes a legend in her sport, I personally like her but on the mic came off as ditsy, and as if she was on the weed gummies.

I was very disappointed with how little Hannah Lopa was involved. Shes the 1-a and was no where to be found.

The Orange Cat bikes are very cool imo, I dig the orange. While it may be lost on this crowd the neon / bright colors are very fashionable at the moment.

Gino230 likes this.
  14. Kaleb’s is even more exaggerated looking with his paint. Looks like a Hammerhead Shark on meth :)

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

The BMW look is growing on me. I like it.

Makes me wonder if its less draggy at speeed.

16. noles19

None of those colors are neon though.

17. henry_carlson

Kalebs? thats got the neon yellow / green accents

Gino230 likes this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

19. noles19

Yeah but it's not neon green it's like a stale baby puke green at least on TV.

Used2befast likes this.
  20. henry_carlson

hahah :Puke:

noles19 likes this.