1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica NJMP April 30-May 1 Official Thread!!

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 27, 2016.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

I recall tossing around bench racing stories in the pits a couple years back about how fast could a MotoGP rider could get around NJMP. I remember in his last season Mladin dipped into the high 1:20's back in '09 when AMA first raced there. Since then I think Hayes and T. Hayden both got into the 1:20's as well. Almost positive no 2-wheeled vehicle has dropped into the teens at NJMP yet. Can Toni do it on the new yellow donuts?

[​IMG]

2. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I say no. Weather conditions won't allow it this weekend.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That is a good point, its a bit cooler and there's some rain looming in the forecast. Hope he's still on the Zook come September, I can't see Yosh letting him go if they had any hope of winning the title.

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Why do spec tires have names on them?

Ride safe,
    AAron

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Haven't they always? To track them or whatever. I have an old KR108 takeoff sitting in the garage that came off Blake Young's GSXR-1000 from 2011 I think. It was a little sticker on the sidewall with his number 79 and a barcode I think.

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

During all the pro rounds I've worked since they went spec tires, we were given sticker sheets with the rider number on them for however many tires we were allowed for whatever class we were racing that we had to put on the sidewall. F1, F2, R1, R2, etc...

DucatiBomber likes this.
  7. metricdevilmoto

I want to say I remember high 19s out of Josh and maybe Hayden? It's impossible to find all that data now, but your Google fu is better than mine. 2010 or 11 maybe?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  8. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

I was also told this past weekend that it was 19's by Josh. It would be nice if someone could confirm?

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

#85 GETS HIS FIRST SUPERBIKE WIN!!!!

cajun636 likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Elias learns the track in the first session then proceeds to win both races or yard sales again.

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Teams are given the stickers like you and MetricDevilMoto just mentioned they have the riders number on them just like you reference. BUT the tires all were supposed to come out of the same pile of tires that everyone else was using so there would never be a name on the tire.
    So for example technically Josh Hayes and any other riders team would just get a tire from the pile.
    So there would be no reason for a tire to have a name associated with it. Team gets the tire puts the tire sticker on it. Then the tire Marshalls check that your tires have the sticker.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    cajun636 and S Tsotsoros like this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Grids should be full for this race.

13. metricdevilmoto

Those are the Qs, right? Don't only the top 10 guys get a Q? In that case, I could see putting names on them.

14. SCR200

SCR200 Active Member

BigBird likes this.
  15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Full of club racers ;)

16. So is it a professional race then? :Poke::crackup:

Wheel Bearing, TX Joose and BigBird like this.
  17. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Now that they are at a track that Hayes likes, I wonder what the finishing order will be? Hoping it will be a great weekend of safe, close racing.

18. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, weather permitting.
    what is the advantage of doing both races on sunday? I liked race 1 on sat and race 2 on sun format better. if it rained one day or the other you still have a dry race. also, teams have more time for adjustments or repairs if needed.

19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

You mean like Road Atlanta?

DucatiBomber likes this.
  20. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, there is that. Hopefully Josh gets that last 1% and can get to the top step of the podium. Boobie-eh? is riding well this year, as is Elias. Pork chop is right there too. Should be a good weekend. Got the DVR all set.