1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica my perspective.

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Jul 11, 2016.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Reminds me of when Mladin and maybe Hacking almost peeled an ambulance parked at Road Atlanta back in the day...scary stuff for sure. Glad no one was hurt!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

That's what it reminded me of.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The combined classes is stupid as fuck!

Make a 600 class
    Make a 1000 class
    Keep the Ktm's
    Make ah alternative class that "all" major oem's make a bike for.

I've always said make a true class stepping stones from Ktm to the 600 class.

Like a middleweight naked class. Most brands offer a bike and cap it at 100hp
    Triumph street triple
    Yamaha fz07
    Suzuki sv650
    Suzuki gsx650
    Honda 599
    Mv brutale
    Ducati monster 821

Makes no sense to have 2 classes with 6 riders in it just so the factories can say "we can spend 4628376383$$ building a superbike"

Hayes Elias Baubier and Hayden would still be at the pointy end.

Why is this so hard to understand??

cpettit likes this.
  4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It was both the red flag not coming out soon enough and where it was parked. It was on the rumble strips right where the riders would hit it exiting the corner.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yea.. will have a whole new perspective on "WTF!!" ..

these guys didn't get a red flag till they were through turn 1 (pretty sure), so still hauling ass, and you have a CAR parked ON the race line in 3. Just not what ya expect to see as a rider when you are just coming off full race pace. Bad situation, that luckily didn't get way worse.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The double apex left is is turn two, and the car was in turn 3..

7. Magmadragoon

Magmadragoon Active Member

I think the Superstock/Superbike classes need to be just one class. I think it is worse than the MotoGP with the CRT teams at the back of the grid. I see no fun watching 4 bikes try to fight for one championship.

8. MELK-MAN

yes, turn 3.. that's what i said i think ? not positive on where the red flag was thrown, but pretty sure after start/finish right ?

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I would have given the car a pass on this situation if he just parked it in the dirt left of the rumble strips and not on the pavement at all. Still not a good situation but at least he wouldn't have been right on the racing line.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Until all manufacturers decide to jump back in with factory rides, grids will never return to the glory days.

cartmen34 likes this.
  11. MELK-MAN

agreed ! during a red flag, other riders should be slowed down a bit to avoid hitting a car just OFF the track.. but having one parked right on the course was crazy. if the driver wanted to do any good at all, shoulda had it parked in between the impact area of the fallen rider and the approaching bikes (but OFF the track)

12. noles19

Oh ok I thought you were thinking turn 2 was turn 1. But I didn't see the flag until the leaders were in turn 2.

13. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

The problem, or my problem, is that there was time to give riders much more warning to react. Instead RD waited until the very last moment to warn riders of a hazard that wasn't going to be gone when they got there. When the safety car had to stop, they should have stopped the race then, immediately.

14. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Not sure that there is medical personnel actually in the safety car. Red flag should be thrown the second the car quits moving. My opinion only but also the only one that makes sense to me.
    Tim

15. MELK-MAN

people in the car, outa the car, on top of the car.. the car had zero business being parked ON the race course in t3, with bikes still on course, even with a red flag thrown.

the only situation i could see where it would be even moderately ok to park a vehicle on course, is to shield a down rider who's not moving.

condon66 likes this.
  16. MELK-MAN

ya missed this part ;) "....CAR parked ON the race line in 3"

17. noles19

No didn't. I've only been talking about turn 1 and 2..
    Either way the flag should have been out a long time before it was.

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

That was the case, rider down not moving.

Bottom line is the red flag came out way way too late.

If this was still DMG, they would've been crucified for it. I get mistakes happen, but this one shouldn't ever happen.

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Been saying this since they announced that there would be combined classes.

20. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

What's wrong with 390 cup, super sport and liter bike? Make liter bike about mild tuning and suspension and just forget about superbikes. You aren't going to impress anyone at this point by saying you came from American superbike, the class with four real superbikes. I think it would be better to come from a very competitive superstock class, then go WSS then WSBK.

backcountryme and sdiver like this.