1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica LivePlus

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Jul 9, 2023.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I just got annoyed at the winner of the SS race being spoiled just by going to the liveplus homepage, because their auto-video feed started with the recap from yesterday. Anyhow, I just sent the following email to [email protected]. After sending it, I was curious as to other's opinions/suggestions for improvement.

2. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Yeah that was crap.

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

They did the same thing last week with the SBK winner showing a repeating clip of Cam B on the podium. Was stupid. Kudos to you for taking the time to write the feedback to them.

4. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Been the same for the past 3-4 races. I can't stand it. This weekend was the first time in a while I've actually been able to watch live and not get it spoiled. Not sure why such a basic feature is so hard to fix. I sent a request to have the "autoplay off" setting fixed when the app first came out 3-4 years ago or whatever it is now. This year they took it one step forward and just replay the last 30 seconds of a race, usually SBK.

Once a Wanker.. and noles19 like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Been going on longer than that off and on

6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Happened to me as well, so annoyed. Very over live +, we get about 3-4 less sessions on Saturday than we got last year and the year before, and they have shown ZERO interest in listening to feedback or making the slightest improvement. Hell, you click "shows" and its still showing things from nearly 3 seasons ago in the featured section lol. I guess they either dont care or cant afford it based on all of the IT problems they seem to have.

Love all your suggestions and IMO you are very respectful in the email. Hopefully (wont hold my breath) we will get some changes.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Adding one more thing, the value of Live+ is much less now that so many more races are shown in real time and replay on YouTube. I like supporting the sport and all, but if I can watch Twins and SBK on YouTube, I’m not sure why I need to keep another subscription. I assume they might be trying to get more eyeballs in order to capture more advertiser dollars or maybe some TV deal.

5axis, Boman Forklift and Boom like this.
  8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

i yelled at them on threads about that. honestly i cannot see any reason for them to just not host their content entirely on youtube. it has subscription models, and would be a thousand times better content delivery experience.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  9. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

The supersport race was on youtube before it was on live plus.

notbostrom likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Interesting. I went looking for it on live + on Saturday a couple times and then went out to a concert. When did it post on youtube and when on live +?

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Did you send that to MotoGP? They do the same shit, cant get to the spoiler free page without seeing spoilers.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

On the app, you can make it to default open to the no spoilers page. If you use the webpage, also just save the no spoilers link as a favorite and go right to that instead of the homepage. That's how I do Motogp and WorldSBK.

MotoA app is horrible. And now that they put all the races on youtube, it's basically pointless. I pay because I want to support Motoamerica, but man I wish the app was better. I don't wanna scroll through 11 interview video links before I see the race link. I dont want the live stream to automatically pop up when I open it - what if I missed the beginning of the race by 6 laps? I also want to be able to rewind the live stream so I don't have to catch it halfway through and then just turn it off till the end of the race before I can see it on youtube or the app in it's entirety. So frustrating.

Skter505, CR750, SundaySocial and 2 others like this.
  13. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Yes you can. Just paste "https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/spoiler+free" into your browser.

MA Live+ is a little better than it used to be, because they used to show the pictures of the podium finisher as the video tiles. But yeah, when fire up the Live+ app, I have to mute my TV, and cover my eyes from the top portion of the screen so I don't see any spoilers.

I don't understand why MA doesn't just copy the MotoGP app design. There's no need to be creative about this. Just copy what works.

MELK-MAN and Boman Forklift like this.
  14. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

I just canceled my auto-renew on my live+ subscription. As was said, with all the races streamed live on youtube there is zero value add of the live+ subscription itself. I can do without the cringy mike on the mic segments and contrived commentary.

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Not easy on a TV, possible but its just easier to cover my eyes and mute it. Seems really silly I have to do that for "spoiler free".

16. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

Are you using a Roku or similar device? There is a selection in the app on my Roku to default to spoiler free.

Badger911GT3 likes this.
  17. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

20 minutes after it ended.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

The racing was great this weekend, I sure liked the superhooligan and bagger racing, was super bummer for JH4 in the SSrace he seemed to have the cheater Ducati covered. Cam P may have cost Cam B the championship. Missed the STK1000 race but certainly not the Build Train Bore race. MA is awesome!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love that 4 years ago you couldn't see any of this shit live and some of it couldn't be found even delayed and now the live just isn't good enough :crackup:

MELK-MAN, cav115, CR750 and 4 others like this.
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

The races may hit YouTube, but you won't be watching SBK and SS live.