1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Climate

Discussion in 'General' started by Superbikeorbust, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

You are. You're insulting.

I think your problem is you're in a town with 20,000. The young people with motivation and work ethic left. This is a problem in most smaller communities. The media uses brain drain, but it means the same thing. Sorry to say, but you're stuck with the townies and their kids.

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Oh, but they are...

We (advisory) are at the meetings with trouble kids and parents.

Almost every time, the parents come in and blindly defends the kids.

Almost every time, the kids are clearly wrong.

We had a kid disagree with a teacher last year, picked up the teacher, body slammed him.

Teacher got up and held the kid until help came.

The teacher was disciplined; you cannot touch a student....

When the parents came in, we watched the video, and the mom immediatly came to the conclusion that the teacher must have said something to piss off her boy.

It`s very common for many of them to tell the teacher to fuck off if they disagree on what`s being asked of them. Almost no repurcussion.

But obviously some stellar parenting going on.

But read above, you`re wrong. This generation is just like we were...:D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

LOL, ok Mr. right.. who the hell am I insulting?

That would be you doing that.

Doesn`t matter that I network with schools across the nation, all with similar stories; except private or christian schools.

done talking to you.

Have a great day.

4. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

lol. That's two of us now in as many pages? No wonder no one wants to work for you...

Again, you're making broad generalizations, based on a narrow world view.

Oh well, I came here for the motorcycle racing, not this crap. Have a good day.

418 likes this.
  5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha

You missed the two 20+ year techs...... One 22 year secretary..

or that we network nationwide with schools?

Priceless.

Two people?

Yeah, that makes me sad...

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

There is one constant that remains always. Some things change for the better, some things change for the worse.

I grew up in the Seventies and started working in the early 80’s. The first real job I had I would work 50-60 hours a week for $150....
    Drugs were a pretty big problem for a lot of kids back then. Most of them are dead and gone and have been for years. Jobs and money were hard to come by back then. A lot of the costs associated with life were much less though. No cell phone bills, cable bills were dirt cheap and so on.
    Some kids liked bikes and cars, others didn’t. Same as today. Many that rode with us back then haven’t rode in years or even owned a bike. Others have owned bikes off and on but never rode them much.

Doesn’t change the fact that even though things go through ups and downs there is still enough POTENTIAL fans in this country to fill the stands at every race if they find it interesting.
    Racing is living above its means currently. Teams are having to spend more than they can make to compete. That is a good way to kill it off.
    All the race series you mentioned have rules that raise the costs significantly and have lost the connection to the working people. No one gives a shit about rich fuckers playing with their toys.
    There is racing that is growing and young people participating in it. It is still connected to its roots and has rather large schedules with lots of money up for grabs.

Fix the racing, get the best riders on competitive bikes in the same class and the spectators will show up. Ban the electronics where the riders have more to do with results than their link to the Data guy. The Arrogance that the rules are fine the way they are and nothing needs fixed is killing racing. Too many wins are bought with electronics guys, buying more tires and out resourcing smaller teams. Racing needs better parity, more competition and less cost to succeed.

This year has the potential to see some interesting action, but it still looks like some of the best riders will be without seats for next year.
    JMO

cav115, Senna and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

That very, very, very rarely happens

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

A proper program run by the sanctioning body can easily prevent this from happening without having a spec series.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

What should they do about all the factory electronics?

I'm afraid the MFG,s will just build specials (enough to get them approved) with advanced electronics if they are backed into a corner.

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So lets talk about the the World Endurance Championship then. I know they allow different tire brands in. Do they have spec tires for each brand or are specials allowed?

Would it be cost effective for a series like MotoAmerica to have officials monitor each tire manufacturer at each round to make sure specific teams were not getting "special" tires?

Superbikeorbust likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Climate change is good.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yes of course, and they are all ready doing it now to make sure competitors are using the approved compounds for the weekend as well as not going over the tire limit.

13. turner38

How would that work if it was required they be removed?
    They all come with ABS now but it is REQUIRED that it be removed from all bikes. Why should all the rest of the electronic crap be allowed if it isn’t?

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The reason I ask is because I believe it would likely require at least 3 times the labor. Right now Dunlop has no interest in putting special tires on someone's bike. They will win every round, so for the most part you only have to assure the team isn't trying to cheat. When you get competitive tire manufacturers, now you have to watch them as well and you have three to watch, not just one.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

How easy can TC, LC,WC be removed and how do you police it? Does the Org need to supply ECU's?

16. turner38

90% of it could be disabled with a rule as simple as All throttles must be opens via a mechanical connection to the throttle. No ride by wire. Period
    IMO it needs to go away simply for safety concerns. Bikes going into limp mode and unintended acceleration is far too common these days.

17. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

This is the second time that someone has said "the average age of a technician is 58" I call BS. Been a service manager for 26 years. Started as a tech.
    Can anyone cite the source? Please?

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Nope, it's easy

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Didnt you say your top guys make $33/hour
    Full time 40 hrs a week would be 33x40x52 = $68k a year.
    But I guess if they work close to 60hrs a week that would be possible.

20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

So you would have to convert ride by wire bikes to cables?
    What about bikes that have two sets of TB, one mechanical and one not? TC has a lot to do with ignition not just TB.