1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I have had that same conversation with 1-2 of the Westby guys... need to look "outside" the industry for sponsor dollars...
    Westby does a great hospitality thing... I asked them have they contacted all the things they have there in their tent... manufacturers/distributors of soft drinks, water, gater-aid, candy bars, fruit, etc... clothing the guys were... jeans, sneakers, etc.

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Tried finding it with no luck, was hoping someone knew. I remembered a thread had that info a while back but also no dice.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And your google-fu sucks. :crackup:

Trainwreck, stk0308 and lopitt85 like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was just telling myself that you uncharacteristically left this part out of your initial answer.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll go get signed up for google fu classes asap :beer:.

I remember the discussion back then being around Andrew Lee being forced out without an available move to SBK.

8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, what do the rules say? You even quoted the link to them :crackup:

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I believe, based on the rule book, that he can still compete in Supersport. Mongz, based on your previous statement, did I miss anything that would allow otherwise? Or did you just provide an incorrect/incomplete response to dear @lopitt85 's question.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We’re going way away from MA but Ducati motogp had a pasta sponsor, a sparkling wine sponsor, a plate and utensil sponsor/ supplier. . . Shit, they had a zipper sponsor/ supplier!

they might throw a party and make money. :D

“it’s all simple to say but it’s much harder to do!” Have you tried? Tried a second time? On your thirty first time? Try again.

12. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

13. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

This is well said, and I fully agree with it.

Yet, somehow people still give Sam Lowes money and a ride. He's fast and overall a nice guy. But for the last few years I have been saying "this dude is toast by the end of the season"

...Come silly season, he usually ends up on an even better ide. I don't get it. Good on him though I suppose... I can armchair expert all I want, I would struggle to keep up with him on pit exit lol.

14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Lol, you are not alone, I am still surprised by the rides that both Lowes are able to keep season after season.

15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Dorna's deal with BT Sport dictates they have at least one brit in Moto2 and Moto3. Lowes crashes like a madman but he's the most competitive Brit out there, so he gets support.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He asked about STK1000 so that's all I looked at. Missed the SS portion so yep, incomplete answer, SS is fine.

Granted I still stand by my first answer being totally correct :crackup:

henry_carlson likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There have been a lot of riders over the years I've wondered about. He could be bringing in lots of sponsors to the team, no way to tell since none of us will ever see the contracts - well, none of us posting, I'm sure some on here have or will see them :D Also GP gets weird with development, some slow riders may just give amazing feedback that helps the faster riders win. Feedback they can't get from just testing. Dunno for sure obviously, just tossing out ideas.

Trainwreck likes this.
  18. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

After listening to the pod I am pretty bummed for him. He is a winner and a champion. The series needs fast Americans (I am Canadian) running at the top and up front. That is going to inspire the next gen. If he was a back marker so be it, but clearly not the case.

henry_carlson likes this.
  19. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Well he is racing some rounds of baggers apparently, see link above.

20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

If McWilliams stays for the season and Bobby gets a full season ride - I bet McWilliams beats him in season points.