1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that the superstock racers can run the Superbike cup. So then they have the opportunity to run 3 races a weekend. If they added a second stock race then they would have 4 races per weekend.

2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

As a enthusiast, which doesn't always align with the bean counters--- I enjoyed the racing when Stk1000 were on the same grid as SBK. Let's face it, SBK racing is booooooooring to watch like a huge snooze fest. Having a race within a race and the stock guys BEATING the SBK bikes is a thrill to watch.

For the best racing action the Twins and Junior cup is absolutely action packed. I'll get beat up for this but I'd rather watch the minicup over the SS, SBK and baggers. Single file racing with hardly any lead changes is a bore. Apparently there are many reasons for the format $$$$$, and the big sponsors want to put the money were the big bikes are.

3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

KAY.JPG
    Kayla on Altus 400 for 22

tgold, motion, lopitt85 and 3 others like this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The baggers put butts in the stands and on watches on the videos, so they are needed and going to be staying like it or not.
    I love watching the twins cup and Jr. Cup races. I am just hoping the Twins Cup doesn't become the 660 Cup.

5. henry_carlson

Cam Peterson was at Buttonwillow on the m4 testing tires last week. is that enough to indicate he will return on that bike for 22 ?

6. henry_carlson

i also enjoyed the combined grid. i dont agree that it is boring, it has been a bit boring but its also been the best class in the series (see 2019).

the closest racing doesn't mean its the best racing. would you rather watch mini's because your invested?? taking down the evil empire with the fam if i remember correctly.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. FastByKids

I'm not really invested. However watching kids develop and the sport grow is a win for everyone. The evil empire is necessary at he moment despite their business model. Hopefully they open things up a bit and their grids continue to grow.

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If you're in for the season it really doesnt matter. the 2nd race costs are a set of tires and 3 gallons of fuel. The one good thing about a single race is if it's on Saturday, you can travel on Sunday and be back to work on Monday. That's how the schedule was in 2018 for twins. All the twins guys were shitfaced in the paddock Saturday night while everyone else was resting up for Sunday racing..

9. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Has MA thought about imposing rev limits like WSBK does for Attack/Gagne? I’d imagine they would have to chop off atleast 1000rpm to start to have it translate into the rest of the field being able to keep up, and even then it would probably only be effective at certain tracks.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You're laughing, but I bet it would go better than you think! It's not super high compression, and I have never had it tuned for the hot fuels because it's air cooled, gets so damn hot that the oil temp gets to 300C. We did the Team Challenge on a Bimota (same engine spec) some years back and after the race the valves were so far out it wouldn't idle. 126HP on C-12.....that dyno reads high, so more like 116 but it did 156 MPH on the banking there last year in October. Only 10 mph down on the R6. My FZ did 146 with a draft and a big tailwind on the front straight in March...

I think it's going to take 1:58's to win the Twins Cup race in March. Rodio was solidly in the 59's a few weeks ago on his Aprilia. I am shooting for 2:02-2:03's with a stretch goal of 2:01.

11. henry_carlson

https://motoamerica.com/psst-wanna-buy-a-motoamerica-superbike/

So, if Steve Scheibe has his backup bike for sale, what does that mean for his 2022 program? “I’m still currently evaluating that” he said. “But the new BMW M 1000 RR is certainly a strong consideration as well as the possibility of switching motorcycle brands. We will see.”

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just curious when people are touting the number of riders in a class, how many of the Twins Cup riders raced every event?

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

JJJerry likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, there you go, that is why you don't get more even if individual grids look good. Not even 10 full time riders in the class.

And no, Superbike having the same give or take isn't the same think given the other things that come with the Superbike teams.

15. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

I do 3 races a year in Twins Cup and prefer to have a two race weekend. Driving 12 hours for a single race weekend kinda sucks. Yeah, it costs more but rolling that far for a single race is part of my decision for where I run for a season.. I'm just glad they let us know early...

E Reed, evakat and FastByKids like this.
  16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You, you buzzkiller throwing facts around instead of emotional speculation. :D

17. FastByKids

Kayla switching from Barton to Altus next year for the Junior Cup.

Gino230 and Waterboy like this.
  18. henry_carlson

19. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

henry_carlson likes this.
  20. FastByKids

Yea, I just read that. Spend more money to be competitive and shut up basically. All to usher in some exotic chassis. Hope those teams bring in some dollars and extra advertising.