1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto3

Discussion in 'General' started by BiZ, Apr 7, 2012.

1. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

So I log into motogp.com to watch qualifying... And the Moto3 bikes are on the track. Have you ever been watching a movie, when a motorcycle or dirtbike suddenly appears, and the "soundtrack" just flat out doesn't match the machine?

Welcome to Moto3. It's seriously stressing me out just hearing these things. I swear it's damn near giving me a panic attack! I'm not even a big 2 stroke fan. But my brain says they should sound totally different, and it's beginning to melt down. I didn't have this problem with the 990's or Moto2.... I have no idea why Moto3 is affecting me this way. I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch the Moto3 race at this rate!

Shit, I had no idea I was this retarded.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Man, I just came in here to see if anyone has commented on this very subject. I'm also watching it live right now but unlike you, I'm LOVING the lil drone they're making. Awesome stuff!!! But I might be a little biased since I never really liked that 2stroke racket. :D

Anyone know how these things compare performance wise to the former?

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Attached Files:

• 667.jpg
      667.jpg
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
  4. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Haha with you on this one. Though I never watched the 125's.

5. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

BLASPHEMER's The whole lot of you!

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

They sound like long, continuous farts. I hope the racing doesn't stink....

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

oh, we knew... :D

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I doubt it...should be bertter than the 125s.

9. ton

ton Arf!

i liked the sound of the big two strokes, but the 125's just sounded like angry sewing machines to me. never liked them. the new 4 stroke 250's don't do much for me in the sound department, but i'll get used to them. they're definitely loud!

10. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Sounded like the drone from old WWII planes. Kind of digging it.

11. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

I like 2Ts, but I think the 4Ts sound pretty good. It may just be me, but they sound a heck of a lot louder than the dirtbike based minimonos I've heard before. I'm excited.

12. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

You never heard mine!!! The exhaust I used DBed at 106 at jennings last week! ;)

13. ton

ton Arf!

Eurosport coverage was claiming they were trying to keep them under 113db iirc :wow:

14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

That would be 115 which is insanely loud...In all the sound testing I have done which has included 250s and 450s with open megs at 24" I have never seen a reading that high.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  15. I like everything about the 4T except no 2T smell.

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

A little castor in the fuel solves that;)

17. ton

ton Arf!

just went back and re-watched (listened while doing other things...) to FP3 for Moto3. @6:00min to go in the session, Spalding et al (eurosport coverage with Ryder, Moody, Spalding) discuss the sound. apparently the limit is 115db and they're having trouble getting beneath that according to him.