1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto3 class in 2012

Discussion in 'General' started by r1ryder424, Jun 1, 2010.

1. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hate it.

3. WayneDangerous

WayneDangerous Well-Known Member

Booooooooooooooo

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

5. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

Lol, y'all are some haters, if i remember correctly not too many of you thought the moto2 class would amount to much either.

6. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Forget the 125's. MotoGP needs to make the big bikes run double headers like WSBK, AMA, BSB...
    That would be the easiest way to make the sport more enjoyable.

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Even though it is close racing I would still prefer to watch smokers over diesels any day of the week.

8. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

It was only a matter of time. 250cc singles seems a little small though, I say make 'em 400cc inline fours! Or maybe 650 twins, since they probably want a production based spec engine. :beer:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No spec engine.

10. russ#299

russ#299 Well-Known Member

Put 'em all on Ninja 250s!:crackup:

11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Come on. All the super fast guys racing around on TU250s would be hilarious.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Better....

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

They should do an 400's, inline 4's and V4's, I'd love to see an update of the ZXR, FZR, GSXR and RVF 400's, throw in an aprilia vtwin and you've got a great mix. Or if it's a spec motor make it an inline 400. 20K rpm's, lightweight chassis, it wouldn't be 125 light, but it could certainly be under 300 lbs and be more similar to the bikes racers would be upgrading too.

14. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

:stupid:

Looks like I need to buy up as many RS125 pistons while they're still making them. :mad:

15. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

"But the cost of uprating 250 MX bikes to ensuring they hold together under roadracing conditions is probably large. The Roadracingworld website ran an interesting story last year about one team manager's experience of running 450cc MX singles in roadracing and dirt track chassis, and that team had run into a lot of mechanical problems with the engines, the singles requiring more work than expected to keep them running."

Not sure I understand why 250 single 4-stroke would be harder to maintain that a 125 2-stroke. Don't they basically have to rebuild the 2-strokes after every outing on the track?

16. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Valves and cams and stuff. A bit more complicated and more room for failure than a smoker.

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

There are more moving parts so it will require more maintenance when tuned for the level of performance that will be required. The 250's will be faster than the current 125's but require more maintenance.

I'd rather see them keep the 125's.

18. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

2 strokes are cake to take rebuild.

I have zero mechanical ability, and I could do it.

Last time I put a four stroke together, it started on fine when we started it :O

19. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

No. It dependent on the amount of miles you put on the bike.

20. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Wrong.

The top end is pulled and everything inspected between each session at that level.