1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto2 or Moto3 next?

Discussion in 'General' started by pscook, Nov 14, 2017.

1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I'm almost caught up with all of the MotoGP races from this year (filling in the ones I missed earlier in the year, like Le Mans, etc), which series should I focus on next?

2. Racing is the best in Moto 3 but I enjoy Moto 2 a lot since you can pick up a lot more technique from it but can be a snooze fest.

3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Moto3 if you prioritize close racing and Moto2 if you like to see fast and loose riding styles that would typically transfer over to us mortals if we had a smidgen of their talent.

Essentially it's like watching College sports versus Pro - Moto3 is kids full of piss and vinegar doing it for love and and still balls of testosterone.

Moto2 is the bridge between GP and Moto3 so less frantic, plus the bikes (chassis) are still very much on par so tight racing but nowhere as close as Moto3.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Moto3 is like a pack of angry hornets buzzing around the track. ~10 bike trains for the whole race, and pretty much absolute uncertainty of who is going to win, or fill out the rest of the box. It's awesome.

6. Shut it vintage panigale. :Poke:

JustaNobody likes this.
  7. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Moto3 all day. Best motorcycle racing on the planet. Kids going from 1st to 8th in a single turn. There were some barn-burners this year.

I'm with Stupid and sbk1198 like this.
  8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Canadian SBK!....just kidding, go with Moto 3! :D

DWhyte91 likes this.
  9. Moto3 for sure. It was pure joy watching Mir do his thing this year. OTOH the Morbidelli/Lüthi contest in Moto2 was a sh@t-show, as expected.

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Cool deal, thanks. I'm a fan of the "heart and soul" racing, so Moto3 it is. I love the close racing and was a big fan of 250 (remember them?), but I haven't been this interested in the whole "Moto* programme" in a while. But I'm liking the racing in all of the configurations now, so I'll start queuing up the wee bikes next.

11. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Moto3 mugello was insane. Every lap.

TX Joose and MachineR1 like this.
  12. Australian Superbike. That’s some excellent coverage of some kickass racing.

Laz likes this.
  13. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Yes! Best race of the season. Incredible.

MachineR1 likes this.
  14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

YouTube, MotoAmerica KTM RC390 Cup.

15. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Yep, moto3 Mugello was definately one of the best of the year. I've rewatched that one a couple times already. Everytime I watch it I just think about how much I would love to be out there in the mix throwing elbows at those kids.

16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I watched Moto3 Mugello as well as Argentina, and this morning was Moto3 at Jerez (Hereth). Great races, all of them. Moto2 Jerez was a snooze-fest. What's a good Moto2 race? Otherwise I'm just going to keep watching Moto3 progress through the season (not that it's a bad thing, but still...).