1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motards at tally who is going?

Discussion in 'General' started by keg0900, Jan 22, 2005.

1. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

come on guys who is bringing there motards to tally in feb??

2. Tiggerduc

Tiggerduc BIG OL' DUFFUS

i might just depending on what the temperature is going to be. im not doing any ice racing.

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i'll be there.

4. macdaddy

macdaddy PRAISE "BOB"

I got itssocheesee joey subresee riding wit me on his vertamati

5. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

6. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

ill be there on a ktm 625

7. rubberducky

rubberducky David Rising 742

Do minis count? I will if I can muster some more cash to do big bike and the mini too.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You have a motard?

9. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

thats funny but close last year at the feb tally race im siting on my grid and its snowing can you believe it.

10. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

there was some irony that too because someone posted something that it was going to snow it talladega and put up the minnesota weather reports and it actually snowed in tally.

11. ApriliaMilleR

ApriliaMilleR Well-Known Member

How would KTM's 625 SMC fare in supermoto? I know the 525's are lighter, are they significantly more powerful? I'll trade some speed for durability.

12. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

i would think it would do really good in wera motard since no dirt
    its all about corner speed anyway on these things.

13. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

525 vs 640/620

525 SMR 6-speed smokes a 640 5-speed, unless you have the 660 SMC which you can't get in the USA.

You can stroke the 525 to 575 with the KTM kit.

A 640 is OK, but you need a FCR carb to opem the motor up and ditch the airbox for a K&N or Uni. Good for 2-3 hp and better tune-ability. But the 640 only has a 4.25x17 rear rim. The 525 has a 5x17 rear for an actual 160/165 profile.

But a 525 with pipe and jetting can crank out more hp and is lighter no matter what you do to a 640.

Get a 525....

and no I'm not going to Tally....:D

14. alpinestars260

i love my 625 cause the lc4 is a time proven engine, and its fun to work on. i have over 5000 miles on it and no major issues. but not that good for supermoto compared to the 450's and 525's , yes a 525 would whip me :p . oh yeah i have a 5.0X17 rear rim too and i run a 165. i hope i do alright.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  15. Silo Pete

you'll be fine

I've got a 4.25 X17 rear and a 160 is kinda pinched on it. Dunlop makes a 155 but I hate dunlops, so I run BT-090s.

Depending on the year of the KTM 640, make sure you replaced the main output shaft bearing. The older motors had a needle bearing that fail, and the update is to the roller out of the 660 motor.

Beyond that it's a great motor. I'll be looking at a 525 for '06....

16. alpinestars260

thanks! yeah alot of the 2003 and older models had the main output shaft bearing fail, but so far so good on mine and i havent heard anyone having this happen on there 04's awesome 06' 525? cant wait

17. Silo Pete

flash

if you have the older motor and have flash in the oil then that's a pretty good sign the bearing is going to give up the ghost.

I had a fair amount of flash buy the end of last year, and I'll have the motor apart next week to get that replaced.

I'll get a '04 525 SMR if the house sells by June.

18. freeride88

freeride88 Hooligan

I'm about 50 miles from that guy, and I've made offers to him, but I just can't use it enough to spend $1600 on it. I may have it someday though, depending on the response to his newest ad. I'd like to have it, but I've already got the Husky to deal with.

I'll be at Jennings in Feb, not TGPR, although I love TGPR on the motard.

19. LookOutRossi

LookOutRossi Banned

i'll be there. ysr kid do you have an sv 650???

20. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

no, i have a ysr50 (right now) i wouldn't touch an sv650 too slow and heavy. rs125s are the best.