1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most squidly thing you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spyderchick, Jan 16, 2008.

1. STUPID

STUPID it hurts

This guy I used to work with from NYC, swore up and down that he new how to ride. He was always talking about how good he was etc etc. So he buys a Duc 900ss from another coworker. He even said that he had an M rating. I keep telling him that he should get a smaller bike but he wants to ride wheelies and a 600 won't do wheelies. :rolleyes:

The night after he bought it and got it tagged (night shift) this genious is outside riding his bike up and down the road infront of our hangar. No helmet on wearing shorts and a uniform shirt. There is a kink (think Vir N) that at normal speeds is nothing. I gather this guy must have been getting up the courage to open it up. So coming through the kink from the dead end part of the road that we couldn't see I hear "that" bang, scrape sound we've all heard. This was followed my a louder clang when the sliding bike hit a light pole at a very high rate of speed. Totaling the bike several times over.

He came limping back to the hangar saying that he had to avoid a "deer". He was dripping blood and covered in dirt. We have a good med kit that had some of that blood clotting spray. The best part was watching another coworker spray him down and the squid screaming that the spray hurt. The one spraying it yelled back, "Take it like Man!".:D We ended up taking him to the hospital and he came back looking like a mummy.

When he was back at work a looking at his pile of italian cams the next night he was rather depressed obviously. I asked if he had full coverage and he said no and since he didn't have a license he wasn't sure if he should report it. :crackup:

Fast forward three years. The guy remains accident prone :rolleyes: and is a wanta be stunter. He transfers back to NY and he purchased a gsxr750 in FL and wrecked it a month later. This last summer I heard he wrecked again on some bridge in NY and was in the hospital for a long time.:(

2. STUPID

STUPID it hurts

Last summer I left my hawk gt in gear during a lunch stop in a parking lot that was on a bit of a hill at a really nice yuppy bar&grill in the Mountains. After eating I was putting on my stuff standing next to the bike and reached over and hit the starter. A split second later my hawk is lying on the ground three feet in front of me. As it fell it missed a 5 series BMW by a 1/4 inch. :wow: Up to that point I always forgot that that bike doesn't have a kickstand saftey switch. :( Now it's engrained in my brain. :D

3. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

:D :crackup:

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

squidly

I was on my BMW R1100RT-P running radar in a residential neighborhood where we received a bunch of complaints about speeding vehicles. I stopped this car, put my kickstand down and got off the bike on the right side ( so you don't get off the bike and step into traffic and so you can approach the vehicle from the right side). Well, the BMW is a tall bike and my left heel caught the radio box on the bike. I lost my balance and rolled down into a drainage ditch on the shoulder of the road (thank god it was dry). The bike came off the kickstand, tipped right and followed me down into the ditch. I managed to get up after scrambling away from that 700lb pig of a BMW that was about to crush me. The driver of the car got out and asked if I was ok and if I needed help. I told him I was fine and told him to watch his speed and have a nice day.....

5. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

:bow:

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That is some funny shit right there. Sounds like something that 9 out of 10 WERA racers would say to a squid co-worker. :D

:crackup:

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You poor bastard. Do the other cops know about this? :D

8. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

9. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

1979...... Husky CR250... simmons forks, fox air shox. all the trick stuff.... My Brad Lackey replica DREAM bike...

So I'm finished washing it off and I'm in the driveway and Dad comes out. He says, why don't you ride here up and down teh street a few times to dry here off, I want to here it. So I grab my helmet start her up.... Here i swhere it gets good. We like on a 90 degree bend in teh road so I can shoot down the driveway and straight onto the street without needimng to turn. I rev it up a tad.. let out the clutch... AND GO BACKWARDS about five feet and crash into the garage door fall over and crash.

Holy crap, my Dad laughed so hard I thougt he was going to have a stroke.. So I'm all pissed off and my fragile ego crushed. I call the Yamaha/Husky dealership that sponsored me and told the service manager (a friend and mentor) what happened. He say hold on, we need Bob (the owner) to hear this.. so I think I'm telling Bob my problem.. nope.. I'm on teh PA system telling an entire dealership... At the end Rich explains about the whole Two-Strokes can run "backwards" (and quite well I can attest) and that can happen sometimes. Lesson learned... kick hard.. ease clutch out.

10. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Before Rhiannon sold her FZR 400, she had some knobbies that would fit, and a friend who knew how to make ice tires.

Bike was the prefect ice bike and everyone who tried it had a blast on it! Who knew that FZRs were 'dual-sport"?:D

11. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

You do know you're not British, right? :D Just checking.

12. Spyderchick

:crackup:

Edit: I need to qualify my giggling: Lance's last name is Lau, and I thought he was an Asian dude 'til I saw a pic.:D

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  13. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

[​IMG] both of you... :moon:

14. Spyderchick

See my edit! :Poke: :D

15. Gigantic

well, I'm still keeping my post as is... I'm not gonna waste a perfectly good fu emoticon.

16. Spyderchick

;) :up: :crackup:

17. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Working late on swing shift, and the last three of us walk out together. Bike parking is right at the gate, and we chat it up as a Charlie starts up his '91CBR600 Rat bike. We banter back and forth, and he does a parade lap before heading out. As he passes us, my carpool partner and I both give him the international "Give us a wheelie" arm motion, with a bit of verbal support. He does the "whack it open and shut a bunch of times" attempt, no lift. So he proceeds to pin the throttle as he heads for the parking lot exit, which is a 180 degree turn for him, one lane wide, with a curb on both sides. When he gets to the point of "man up or bail off", he grabs all front brake once, twice, and on the third (and final) grab he tucks the front and gracefully gets off the bike as it slides unceremoniuosly into the curb. Silence, then a solid round of applause and standing ovation (from two). he picks up the bike before we can get to him, and pisses off into the night.

Next day, Charlie shows me his front brake lever, and says "that's what happens when your brake lever breaks in your hand". Noticing the rash on the end of the ball, I decline to pursue the obvious question: "Did it come off the first, second, or third pump? Or did it come off as the ground squeezed it a little too hard?"

18. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

I was on my clapped out 86 VFR700 thinking I was the man and had a sports car right on my tail. I took off down the country road and he was hot on my heels. I was going way too fast for the s bend turn coming up and rode straight though a wooded patch, ducking tree limbs and popped back out on the road ahead of the car. I was so embarrased, I wanted to get away and wound that VFR up...F1 Cobra's wailing and almost blew the next turn too.

19. Gigantic

You would have been really surprised to see a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, 6'8" guy show up at your door on thanksgiving, then... except only you made my suit... never mind.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

They did. It didn't.